Body discovered in lay-by was missing head and limbs
A badly burnt body dumped in a lay-by was missing the man's head and limbs, police have revealed.
The torso is thought to have been contained in a suitcase discovered in a parking area off the A628, just east of Tintwistle, Derbyshire.
A member of the public made the grim discovery off the busy transpennine route near the village on the edge of the Peak District National Park at 12.30pm on Monday.
Police believe the remains were left in the lay-by, popular with dog walkers and ramblers, between 9pm and midnight on the previous day.
The man's identity is still unknown as DNA recovered from... read more
- 02:22 80’s rock star to perform at South Shields pub
- 02:21 Review: Bryan Cranston stars in Network at The National Theatre ★★★☆☆
- 02:21 Strictly Come Dancing: Behind the scenes in Blackpool
- 02:10 Social care: MPs seek cross-party group to 'sustain' NHS
- 01:57 Budget 2017: Tax on takeaway boxes to be considered
- 01:54 King's Cross fire: Survivors' tales 30 years on
- 01:46 Pablo Carreno Busta speaks out on whether Rafael Nadal will defend...
- 01:31 Nationwide sees first-time buyer mortgages hit record high
- 01:31 Chizzy Akudolu claims Weakest Link crown in charity special
- 01:21 ATP Finals preview: Debutants Grigor Dimitrov and Jack Sock prepare...
- 01:21 Manchester United plot third bid for Gareth Bale with Real Madrid...
- 01:16 Call the Midwife Christmas special: FIRST LOOK Children in Need...
- 01:16 100 Women: 'Home-schooling helped me break the glass ceiling'
- 01:12 Zimbabwe: 10 numbers that will help you understand what's actually...
- 01:07 Georgia coach Milton Haig hopes to impress Six Nations suits with...
- 01:06 Young artists win awards
- 01:02 Brothers with rare terminal muscle disorder fear their future after...
- 01:02 Does your daughter have ADHD? Top psychologist explains why it is...
- 01:02 Video shows nurses doubled over LAUGHING as 89-year-old World War 2...
- 01:02 Your parents' lifestyles can determine your health – even as an adult
- 00:59 Chile polls pit billionaire against ex-news anchor
- 00:58 Virgin East Coast to launch a half price 'Beat Black Friday' ticket...
- 00:44 World HIV Testing Week 2017 – where to get free HIV tests
- 00:43 Brigitte Macron wears low-key outfit for Abu Dhabi trip with...
- 00:40 Man arrested after ordering 200 hash browns
- 00:39 UK seeks future cyber-security stars
- 00:34 Trump administration lifts ban on hunting trophies
- 00:33 ‘Don’t lose it, lock them out’ – police
- 00:33 Children in Need viewers beg for The Weakest Link to return after...
- 00:33 'Killfies': Indian state campaigns against deadly selfies