Body cameras behind huge fall in police complaints
0 Have your say An increase in the use of body cameras by police has led to a huge drop in complaints made against officers, research shows.
A study by the University of Cambridge found a 93 per cent decrease in complaints made against officers clearly wearing the cameras, which record what happens during police incidents, compared to the previous year.
Researchers said the result “assumes that BWCs (body-worn cameras) reduce officer non-compliance with procedures, improve suspects’ demeanour, or both”.
The study, which involved West Yorkshire Police, West Midlands Police, Cambridgeshire... read more
- 11:36 Chelsea stars fearing Eden Hazard will quit for Real Madrid...
- 11:36 Outfitter toasts £100k whisky hire contract
- 11:36 Ryan Giggs sends message to Gareth Bale over Manchester...
- 11:36 Driver left with serious injuries after collision with lorries on...
- 11:36 IN PICTURES: Wigan through the decades
- 11:36 World Cup fantasy football tips: Most picked XI ahead of Round 2...
- 11:33 F1: Red Bull announce two-year engine deal with Honda
- 11:33 Body found in Lincolnshire drain near Sibsey formerly identified as...
- 11:33 Driver left with serious injuries after collision with lorries on...
- 11:31 Major investment made in re-branded Grasmere hotel
- 11:30 What the Queen and Meghan had for lunch at Chester Town Hall
- 11:29 Aidan McAnespie: Soldier charged over checkpoint killing
- 11:29 Lloyds under pressure as HBOS fraud report is published
- 11:29 Sight charity holding open day in Kettering
- 11:29 All three opposition councillor groups call for "extraordinary...
- 11:28 Berwickshire lifeboat crews in action
- 11:28 Goswick to stage Open qualifying
- 11:28 Restaurant and homes plan approved for Whitburn
- 11:28 Gallery: Top brass entertain at Hebden Bridge March Contest
- 11:27 Body found in Lincolnshire drain near Sibsey formerly identified as...
- 11:27 Sheffield and Rotherham men charged over rape of girl, aged 14
- 11:26 Huge Tesco Direct gaming sale ahead of site shutdown
- 11:24 Carlisle man who attacked ex-girlfriend told he's going to prison
- 11:24 How many goals has Harry Kane scored for England and who are...
- 11:24 Bulldoze or rebuild? Architects at odds over future of Glasgow...
- 11:24 'Inadequate' care firm fined £142,500 for safety breach that led to...
- 11:23 Dozens feared dead as overloaded Sumatra ferry sinks
- 11:22 E.On announces 4.8% dual fuel price rise
- 11:22 Mobile app keeping Cumbria fit and healthy
- 11:21 Fake £50 notes used in Ripon and Harrogate: CCTV image of suspects