Body cameras behind huge fall in police complaints
0 Have your say An increase in the use of body cameras by police has led to a huge drop in complaints made against officers, research shows.
A study by the University of Cambridge found a 93 per cent decrease in complaints made against officers clearly wearing the cameras, which record what happens during police incidents, compared to the previous year.
Researchers said the result “assumes that BWCs (body-worn cameras) reduce officer non-compliance with procedures, improve suspects’ demeanour, or both”.
The study, which involved West Yorkshire Police, West Midlands Police, Cambridgeshire... read more
- 00:55 Elliot Rodger: How misogynist killer became 'incel' hero
- 00:55 Diplomacy on the menu: How food can shape politics
- 00:53 The Yorkshire Post says: A timely warning. The digitally-dependent...
- 00:53 The Yorkshire Post says: Health of nation. Weighing up obesity...
- 00:52 Sudoku 4044 hard
- 00:49 School sex abuse: 'My son was raped on a play date'
- 00:49 Primary school mental health counselling may help economy, study says
- 00:49 Drugs 'used by two in five students'
- 00:49 Dementia risk linked to some medicines
- 00:49 NHS needs '£50bn extra by 2030'
- 00:49 Former champion Neil Robertson stunned by qualifier Robert Milkins...
- 00:48 UK supermarkets launch voluntary pledge to cut plastic packaging
- 00:48 UK car production falls on Brexit fears and diesel sales slump
- 00:40 Barry Ferguson says not only is Allan McGregor still a great...
- 00:37 Former Ibrox skipper Barry Ferguson admits to concerns that Rangers...
- 00:37 Saracens chief Mark McCall backs Owen Farrell to be a 'brilliant...
- 00:36 Stella McCartney teams up with Beano and Dandy for new fashion range
- 00:33 'Women hold this city together': Sheffield rolls out honours in...
- 00:33 Home-schooling in the UK increases 40% over three years
- 00:32 Student complaints about UK universities growing, says watchdog
- 00:32 Korean talks: What will come from Kim-Moon meeting?
- 00:32 'Archaic and harmful': report condemns strict handling of student...
- 00:32 Bank economist calls for counselling for primary school pupils
- 00:32 'Women hold this city together': Sheffield rolls out honours in...
- 00:30 Revealed: Life in pre-NHS wards
- 00:30 Mark Williams pulls off amazing no-look fluke to pot green at...
- 00:26 Labor to match Coalition in dumping Medicare levy rise as tax...
- 00:26 Facebook posts record revenues for first quarter despite privacy...
- 00:22 Kim Cattrall gives blessing to Alan Carr as he teases role of...
- 00:16 I was a teenage 'money mule'