Blustery winds hit North Lincolnshire as pair of storms hit UK
The Scunthorpe area has been hit by some strong gusts overnight as two storms made their way towards the UK.
The Met Office had warned that a pair of storms - Karl and Lisa - were combining in the Atlantic and heading over to Europe.
Overnight, we experienced gusts of up to 35mph, and the Met Office forecast is one for continued blustery winds today.
It will be largely dry, with a high of 16C, a little cooler than yesterday.
Tomorrow will also be dry and still windy, with 25mph gusts.
Looking ahead to the weekend, the forecast currently shows rain on Saturday afternoon and cooler... read more
- 07:05 What links Zinedine Zidane, Bob Paisley and Carlo Ancelotti? The...
- 07:04 Sturgeon says Brexit negotiations have ‘eroded’ trust in Westminster
- 07:04 Councils raid reserves to pay for frontline daily services
- 07:03 Life in Fridaythorpe, the village on top of the Wolds
- 07:02 FARMING MATTERS: Sheep farmers’ anxiety over dogs
- 07:01 Leeds transfer news: Sky Sports man delivers major update on summer...
- 07:01 Arsenal transfer news: Aleksandr Golovin swoop could be hijacked by...
- 07:00 Airbus warning shows Tories need to wake up to dangers of hard Brexit
- 06:50 Scottish pig sector at risk from shortage of CO2
- 06:50 Arsenal transfer news: The REAL reason for Unai Emery's small...
- 06:50 Liverpool transfer news: HUGE Alisson update from Spain affects...
- 06:48 No inquiry or criminal action to be taken over E.coli death of child
- 06:47 PNE midfielder Paul Gallagher wants to give fans Premier League...
- 06:45 Sheep exporter's licence cancellation a federal decision, says WA...
- 06:44 Children 'need 100 key words' to read
- 06:42 Government 'tree champion' makes Sheffield saga a priority after...
- 06:40 SAVE OUR BUSES: Councillors explore lifeline for the number 67
- 06:40 Dementia Friends training for cadets and officers in Northants
- 06:40 Yet more accolades for Wellingborough pub
- 06:37 John McLellan: What is that First really worth?
- 06:37 INCOMPETENCE: Chorley MP Lindsay Hoyle slams Lancashire County...
- 06:33 Wild swimming in Yorkshire: Why it's the closest you can get to nature
- 06:33 Top Scots graduates make £61,000 five years after leaving uni
- 06:31 Saturday’s best TV: Hidden; The Great Exhibition of the North
- 06:27 Forestry Commission puts Sheffield Council's tree-felling scheme...
- 06:26 Chelsea transfer news: Roy Hodgson makes STUNNING Ruben...
- 06:24 Marine plastic: Hundreds of fragments in dead seabirds
- 06:22 Flying the flag for England
- 06:22 Arsenal transfer news: Gunners in 'triple battle' to land Porto...
- 06:21 Flying the flag for England