Bloodbath on the High St as £937m is wiped off Next after 'disastrous' sales figures for Christmas
More than £948million was wiped off the value of Next yesterday as it unveiled a 'disastrous' set of sales figures for Christmas.
Next said festive sales of full-price goods were down 0.4 per cent on last year as the battle ramped up between online and the High Street.
The Boxing Day sale also failed to entice shoppers, with sales of cut-price goods plunging 7 per cent on last year, costing the company £3million.
It warned the tough times were likely to continue into the year ahead after it revealed full-year profits would fall far below market forecasts.
The gloomy results were the first... read more
- 21:55 Austin Powers actor Verne Troyer dies aged 49
- 21:55 Dundee boss Neil McCann’s frustrations disappear
- 21:52 These are the extreme effects delaying going to the toilet has on...
- 21:52 WATCH: Dave Seddon's verdict on Preston's 0-0 draw with Norwich
- 21:48 Electric cars key to driving change in UK’s energy supply industry
- 21:47 Paul Pogba surges to centre stage at Wembley with display of art...
- 21:42 Verne Troyer dies aged 49 - days after Austin Powers star was...
- 21:37 Defending champion Mark Selby knocked out in first round by Joe Perry
- 21:32 Tension and torment on the terraces as Sunderland fans watch...
- 21:30 David Lammy brands Theresa May's Windrush apology "crocodile tears"
- 21:30 Donald Trump should expect protests on UK visit, says Sadiq Khan
- 21:28 Price comparison site data may have been used by Leave.EU
- 21:25 Sinkhole closes Barrow town centre street
- 21:25 Austin Powers actor Verne Troyer dies aged 49
- 21:21 Amir Khan vs Phil Lo Greco, LIVE boxing: Get latest round-by-round...
- 21:20 National Lottery results: Winning Lotto numbers for Saturday April 21
- 21:15 Borussia Dortmund 4-0 Bayer Leverkusen: Jadon Sancho becomes...
- 21:09 Leinster 38-16 Scarlets: James Ryan's try sparks first-half blitz...
- 21:07 Kim Jong-un: fragile and under pressure but he won’t give up
- 21:04 Trump 'considering full pardon' of Jack Johnson – thanks to...
- 21:03 Lancashire care provider seeks rescue plan after financial pressures
- 21:02 Boy, 12, stole mum’s credit card, booked flight to Bali and spent...
- 21:01 Couple pour £80,000 of their own cash into struggling Kings Bromley...
- 21:00 Lancashire care provider seeks rescue plan after financial pressures
- 20:59 How to watch the last Eurovision Song Contest 2018 Preview Party...
- 20:57 Vince Cable: SNP should put national interest before ‘narrow party...
- 20:56 Lancashire care provider seeks rescue plan after financial pressures
- 20:56 Motorway lane closure following two car incident
- 20:54 Paul Pogba sends message to Manchester United fans after win over...
- 20:53 Who's who in Gordon Brown's government?