Blindingly obvious - 'alleged thief' tried to stuff 7ft blind he stole from Northampton store down his jacket
Security cameras captured the hilarious moment an alleged thief tried to steal a Venetian blind from a furniture store in Northampton - by stuffing it down his jacket.
The suspected thief can be seen with the 7ft long (2.1m) blind clearly sticking out from the top of his coat as he tries to make a getaway from a Dunelm Mill store.
Police say the suspect entered the shop at around 2pm on Sunday (16/10) before concealing the Venetian blind down one trouser leg and up the back of a jacket.
He then left the premises based at the Nene Valley Retail Park, without paying for the item in front of... read more
- 10:14 'Britain has BREXIT ILLUSIONS' Merkel says UK will be stripped of...
- 10:14 Recovery operation for man who went into the water at Glasson Dock
- 10:14 Little Bare pub proves big hit with locals
- 10:14 Suicidal woman’s touching letter to police after they saved her life
- 10:13 A1 closed in Lincolnshire after Audi crash - 2-mile tailbacks
- 10:12 Film reviews: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 | The Promise | Lady...
- 10:12 Sheffield girls’ school scoops ‘BiG’ prize at City Enterprise Awards
- 10:11 Barcelona set to scupper Real Madrid's Man United plan with new...
- 10:11 Woman questioned by detectives after man dies in Leeds house fire
- 10:10 Ireland desperate for Brexit details to call EU negotiator Barnier...
- 10:09 Radio 1 apology over Orlando Bloom 'pikey' comment
- 10:09 Police hunt driver 'who sped off' following serious accident
- 10:08 Leamington pub will be reopened and renamed Old Library after...
- 10:08 Woman questioned by detectives after man dies in Leeds house fire
- 10:08 United Airlines to give passengers $10,000 if they have to be...
- 10:08 Palestinian Authority halts its payments for Israeli electricity...
- 10:08 Kate Garraway left red-faced after branding Susanna Reid a DOG in...
- 10:07 Hoppers appoint Arnold as head coach
- 10:07 How do you pronounce chorizo? Masterchef viewers left angered over...
- 10:07 Browne: We’re no beach boys
- 10:07 PNE kids given chance to shine
- 10:07 Egypt 'let down' by continued UK flight ban to Sharm
- 10:07 Tamworth sisters leap into fund-raising with charity skydive for...
- 10:07 How much money does the UK pay to the EU?
- 10:06 Boris Johnson blasts 'mutton-headed old mugwump' Jeremy Corbyn
- 10:06 Boris Johnson attacks Jeremy Corbyn and calls him a 'mugwump'
- 10:06 Doncaster airport boss "caught out on Facebook" cleared of bigamy
- 10:06 Nottingham Viva! Vegan Festival is set to attract 3,000 visitors
- 10:04 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and fun quizzes
- 10:04 Coventry RFC's Max Trimble seeks to topple Tom Howe from pole position