Bleak Brexit impact analysis published by parliament
Parliament’s Brexit committee has published the bleak Whitehall analysis of the economic impact of leaving the European Union that sparked a battle over government secrecy.
MPs voted in January for the document to be published in full but its release was resisted by the Brexit secretary, David Davis.
As leaks of the document suggested, it finds that economic growth would be hit by any of the existing models for a future relationship with the EU – a Norway-type European Economic Area (EEA) model; a free trade agreement; or trade using World Trade Organisation (WTO) rules alone.
Under the... read more
- 11:04 Can you help broaden horizons for family show specialists?
- 11:03 Appeal to trace relatives of Wakefield man after his death
- 11:02 Liverpool target Alisson pulls off ‘incredible’ skill during match...
- 11:01 Who controls the world's most toxic chemicals?
- 11:01 Daphne the duck: Giant inflatable found off Perth after Australian...
- 11:00 French consulate worker accused of smuggling guns to Gaza
- 11:00 Motorcyclist dies after Cuckney crash
- 11:00 Barcelona star Lionel Messi doesn't get punished for dissent like I...
- 11:00 SPECIAL REPORT: The homes in Northampton so bad they are making...
- 11:00 Appeal to trace relatives of Wakefield man after his death
- 10:59 Elderly South Yorkshire man followed and robbed by van driver
- 10:59 Snow causing disruption to Sheffield bin collections
- 10:59 Call for artists to take part in Buxton Spa Prize
- 10:59 Numbers can cause a host of problems for schoolchildren
- 10:59 Ten things that make you realise why you love Wigan
- 10:58 Numbers can cause a host of problems for schoolchildren
- 10:58 European team of the week based on stats: Real Madrid, Inter Milan,...
- 10:58 'I need some explanation' When one West Brom old boy forgets...
- 10:58 Yet another weather warning issued for Birmingham on Tuesday by Met...
- 10:58 Bullring co-owner rejects takeover bid by French investor
- 10:57 Driver tells firefighters to ‘f*** off’ after blocking them in to...
- 10:57 Numbers can cause a host of problems for schoolchildren
- 10:57 Water supplies cut off to houses in Southam this morning
- 10:56 UK growth muted despite increasing worldwide demand
- 10:56 Law firm Burness Paull named as 2017’s top dealmaker
- 10:56 'Abandoned' former Sutton pub could be turned into apartments
- 10:56 Numbers can cause a host of problems for schoolchildren
- 10:56 Kevin Pietersen reveals why he decided to retire from cricket:...
- 10:55 Numbers can cause a host of problems for schoolchildren
- 10:55 Snow causing disruption to Sheffield bin collections