Blair's ex-policy chief to lead employment practices review
Theresa May has brought in Tony Blair's former policy chief to carry out a review of employment practices aimed at improving job security and rights for "ordinary working people".
Matthew Taylor, chief executive of the RSA, will look at whether regulations are keeping pace with the "radically" changing labour market in a shake-up that will "prioritise the interests of the growing army of people working in new ways".
The focus on protections for workers is in stark contrast to predecessor David Cameron, who oversaw reforms of employment law to ensure that they... read more
- 13:05 Could this explain the link between air pollution and heart...
- 13:05 When is the next episode of Little Boy Blue on ITV?
- 13:05 St Joseph's College in Trent Vale asks parents for £60-a-term...
- 13:05 Police name man found dead in field off St Andrew's Drive, Kidsgrove
- 13:05 Watch: Horror moment Ford Ka with NO DRIVER rolls across motorway
- 13:05 PMQs: May and Corbyn set out election 'choices'
- 13:05 Wolves 0 Huddersfield 1: Izzy shows way to goal as Wolves lack a...
- 13:05 Detectives promise more carjacking arrests after three schoolboys...
- 13:05 West Brom: Clearing up myths about European qualification
- 13:05 Aston Villa defender Neil Taylor handed ban by FIFA
- 13:05 Fifth Indiana Jones film moved to 2020
- 13:04 McDonald's to trial home delivery service in the UK
- 13:04 Edinburgh entrepreneur aims to shake up public wifi
- 13:04 Emmerdale spoiler: Will Emma Barton KILL Moira after a huge fall out?
- 13:04 Brazilian goalkeeper who murdered his girlfriend and fed her to his...
- 13:03 Who is standing for election in Retford West division?
- 13:02 He's lucky it's not the Terminator! Drunk man who 'knocked over...
- 13:01 New pictures show inside the Toys R Us store opening in Highcross...
- 13:01 Who is standing for election in Worksop South division?
- 13:01 Who is standing for election in Worksop West division?
- 13:01 Who is standing for election in Blyth and Harworth division?
- 13:01 Who is standing for election in Misterton division?
- 13:00 Neil Taylor ban: Wales star handed two-match suspension for Seamus...
- 13:00 Man United injury news: These players will miss Manchester derby
- 12:59 Hungarian opposition struggles to build on anti-Orban sentiment
- 12:59 'Compassionate' people wanted for 40 care jobs to help people get...
- 12:59 Syrian refugees must buy travel papers - from Assad
- 12:58 Making efforts to break down the stigma around mental health means...
- 12:58 Who is standing for election in Retford East division?
- 12:58 Brass band looking for new home