Blackpool Victoria Hospital fridge blunder over jabs
Potentially life-saving vaccinations given to patients at A&E over the past TWO years may not have worked properly because a hospital fridge wasn’t set at the right temperature.
The blunder, described by health bosses as a ‘serious untoward incident’, affected almost 230 patients across the Fylde coast and sparked an internal investigation at Blackpool Victoria Hospital.
The vaccines were all given between April 1, 2014, and May 1, 2016, for hepatitis B, a major cause of serious liver disease, and tetanus, which can be deadly if left untreated.
Those given suspected duff doses have now... read more
- 14:56 New council bid to get tough with travellers
- 14:56 Schoolboy wrote to Marten De Roon to say he was the best and got a...
- 14:56 Endangered baby white rhino meet her father for the first time
- 14:56 Kia Stinger price and specs revealed ahead of its UK release
- 14:56 ‘We knew we had to go in’ say flat fire heroes
- 14:56 Campaign launched to get Lincolnshire’s Red Arrows immortalised in...
- 14:56 Centres to go under shake up of services for children
- 14:55 Arsene Wenger reveals all on injury to key Arsenal man
- 14:55 Novak Djokovic's former coach: This is why he lost to Denis Istomin...
- 14:55 U.S housing starts surge in December; jobless claims near 43-year low
- 14:54 ‘We knew we had to go in’ say flat fire heroes
- 14:54 Centres to go under shake up of services for children
- 14:54 Tamworth FC: Youngsters from Amington enjoy a memorable meeting...
- 14:54 Additional one-lane closures announced for Tyne Tunnel
- 14:54 Diego Costa slammed: Chelsea star has shown greed, player power is...
- 14:53 Cash stolen in daylight house raid
- 14:52 UKIP's North Cumbria chairman resigns over "appalling" national...
- 14:53 Birmingham City transfer news and rumours LIVE: Blues in talks for...
- 14:52 Dozens of families risk losing their homes due to benefits clampdown
- 14:52 'Lost' holy well said to have mystical powers rediscovered near...
- 14:52 Number of firefighters covering Cumbria now unsafe, claims union
- 14:52 Payment delays and floods recovery 'creating real hardship for...
- 14:52 GP leader leaps in to defend doctors across Cumbria
- 14:52 Carlisle council scraps big rise in Talkin Tarn car parking charge
- 14:51 Samsung Galaxy S8: Release date revealed, price, design and features
- 14:51 xXx video clip: Nina Dobrev blushes at Ruby Rose sex gag in Return...
- 14:51 'I want to kill these dogs': question of whether to cull strays...
- 14:50 Vicky Pattison goes against her Geordie roots by committing...
- 14:50 Get tough approach on litter louts continues
- 14:50 Premier League star backed to make big transfer to top-four club