Blackpool Victoria Hospital fridge blunder over jabs
Potentially life-saving vaccinations given to patients at A&E over the past TWO years may not have worked properly because a hospital fridge wasn’t set at the right temperature.
The blunder, described by health bosses as a ‘serious untoward incident’, affected almost 230 patients across the Fylde coast and sparked an internal investigation at Blackpool Victoria Hospital.
The vaccines were all given between April 1, 2014, and May 1, 2016, for hepatitis B, a major cause of serious liver disease, and tetanus, which can be deadly if left untreated.
Those given suspected duff doses have now... read more
- 18:27 Positive thinking: Our pick of the latest self-help books
- 18:27 Woman’s body found in woodland
- 18:27 Major Cumbria route closed overnight for flood work
- 18:25 Samsung chip supplier AMS warns of customer setback, shares plunge
- 18:25 T-Mobile seen as top target following AT&T-Time Warner deal
- 18:25 15 firefighters attend incident in Lincoln's Ermine West
- 18:25 Renewable energy capacity overtakes coal
- 18:24 Eddie Jones to name England squad on Wednesday morning after...
- 18:24 Ronnie O'Sullivan through to last-16 of International Championship...
- 18:24 Stuart Broad set to wait for 100th Test cap as England consider...
- 18:24 England coach Trevor Bayliss predicts Ben Stokes can become one of...
- 18:24 Firefighters tackle blaze at city maisonette
- 18:24 Anthony Martial ditches supercar as he leaves Manchester United...
- 18:24 Liverpool vs Tottenham, EFL Cup LIVE: Plus Arsenal vs Reading and...
- 18:22 Parents of Deepcut soldier Cheryl James get human rights award for...
- 18:22 CALAIS 'JUNGLE' DEMOLITION: First shacks TORN DOWN as thousands of...
- 18:22 Firearms raid at Wrexham property sees man arrested
- 18:20 Russia says it extends moratorium on Aleppo air strikes
- 18:19 CCTV clue after two friends attacked after leaving The Ritz in...
- 18:19 Bodies found after Allerton house fire
- 18:18 DVD Reviews: Two Women and A Special Day
- 18:16 ‘Even though Daisy has gone, she will never be forgotten. She will...
- 18:15 Blitz on burglary suspects in Northumberland and North Tyneside
- 18:14 GUILTY: Fleetwood man murdered his baby girl
- 18:14 ‘Even though Daisy has gone, she will never be forgotten. She will...
- 18:14 Cannabis farm uncovered at remote Cumbrian bungalow
- 18:14 Man denies insurance fraud
- 18:13 'I had to quit my job and do something to help people': One woman's...
- 18:13 Ronda Rousey ran from fighting Holly Holm again in the UFC after...
- 18:13 Car crashes into houses