Blackpool mum wants truth over ‘forgotten Thalidomide’
Labelled as the “forgotten Thalidomide”, a drug once used in pregnancy testing is believed by many victims to have caused birth defects, stillbirths and miscarriages.
The Gazette talks to a Blackpool mum who believes the pregnancy testing drug Primodos was responsible for her son’s birth defects.
When Dorothy Kilbride went to the doctors because she thought she was pregnant, she didn’t question it when the GP handed her two tablets and told her to take them to confirm the pregnancy.
Dorothy, now 66, who lives on Preston New Road, Marton, , explains: “I was 19 at the time and the doctor just... read more
- 13:07 J Marion Sims: controversial statue taken down but debate still rages
- 13:06 Boy, 3, drowns in swimming pool in Leeds
- 13:05 Family's relief as missing Cherie Hutchings - who vanished on...
- 13:05 London Marathon weather forecast – will it be hot on Sunday?
- 13:05 Three men charged over Leeds and Wakefield burglaries
- 13:05 Man Utd vs Tottenham: Mourinho without one star but two return,...
- 13:05 UK's best-paid primary headteacher suspended amid fraud inquiry
- 13:03 Plus-size influencers recreate outfits worn by Meghan Markle and...
- 13:02 Boy, three, dies after drowning in David Lloyd swimming pool
- 13:02 The Queen age, net worth, birthday, family and everything you need...
- 13:01 Three men charged over Leeds and Wakefield burglaries
- 12:59 Hay fever misery as pollen and pollution creates 'toxic storm'
- 12:58 Prison worker jailed for 50 years after stealing £974,000 worth...
- 12:58 London Marathon route, starting point and number of runners
- 12:55 South Kesteven recycling drop-in sessions
- 12:55 Liam Payne reveals his nickname for Cheryl - and says she'll 'kill...
- 12:53 Data, memes and stadium dreams: how James Pallotta rebuilt Roma
- 12:53 Whitley Bay’s Hannah is helping grand planting plan
- 12:53 Munster hope to make experience count in clash of styles with Racing
- 12:51 North Korea missile and nuclear test halt hailed
- 12:49 Melania Trump, Obamas and Clintons to attend funeral of Barbara Bush
- 12:49 Manchester attack survivor has BGT judges in tears as she rises...
- 12:49 Man Utd star admits he snubbed Liverpool switch after training session
- 12:48 21 things you’ve never thought of doing at New Street Station
- 12:46 Adults with heart disease can stay out of hospital if they walk...
- 12:45 Caprice, 46, shows off her age-defying good looks as she dazzles in...
- 12:45 Susanna Reid, 47, lauded by fans for her 'natural beauty' after...
- 12:45 Strictly Come Dancing: Craig Revel Horwood SLAMS 'ungrateful'...
- 12:45 Courteney Cox and boyfriend Johnny McDaid engage in VERY heated...
- 12:45 Geordie Shore's Sophie Kasaei leaves NOTHING to the imagination in...