Black Friday and Cyber Monday set to boost Christmas sales
Black Friday and Cyber Monday are forecast to make it a very merry Christmas for Britain’s retail sector as shoppers go on a seasonal spending spree.
But up to one in four Christmas shoppers plan to put off making big buys until they’ve seen the Black Friday and Cyber Monday promotions this year - November 25 and 28 respectively.
One in five shoppers bought gifts online and one in nine in-store on Black Friday or Cyber Monday in 2015.
And, as people turn their minds towards filling this year’s stockings, consumer analysts Mintel estimates that total UK retail sales will grow 2.5 per cent in... read more
- 11:56 Former Chancellor Kenneth Clarke MP gives his views to the Herald
- 11:56 Housing and jobs bonanza for Wigan
- 11:56 Asylum seekers receive help in South Yorkshire on how to adjust to...
- 11:55 Calls to save a once-bustling Worksop street that has fallen off...
- 11:55 Asylum seekers receive help in South Yorkshire on how to adjust to...
- 11:55 Controversial homes approved
- 11:55 Pensioners can boost their brain power 'by building up their muscle...
- 11:55 When do you start wearing a poppy? Poppy etiquette on Remembrance Day
- 11:55 Acklington WI, Meeting
- 11:54 Sunderland need to show greater resilience in survival fight says...
- 11:54 Swedish central bank holds policy, primes guns for December action
- 11:54 Software company Misys joins list of UK firms to ditch flotation plans
- 11:53 Leeds defender attracting interest from Leicester - reports
- 11:53 Fifty Shades of Grey art exhibition coming to Harrogate
- 11:53 #ThrowbackThursday: Harrogate men prepare for battle in 1982
- 11:53 Man 'took knife from waistband and stabbed teenager in the heart',...
- 11:52 Introducing the 6p-a-minute cafe where coffee and food are included
- 11:52 'Every time I've left him out, he's just trained harder' - Lincoln...
- 11:52 Trick or treaters told to play safe this Halloween
- 11:51 Hard-hitting exhibition on child abuse goes on display at...
- 11:51 Sir Alex Ferguson names Manchester City as his Premier League...
- 11:50 Software company Misys joins list of UK firms to ditch flotation plans
- 11:50 LG Electronics says third-quarter profit down 3.7 percent vs. year...
- 11:50 Qualcomm to buy NXP Semiconductors for enterprise value of $47 billion
- 11:50 Iraqi army tries to reach site of IS executions south of Mosul
- 11:49 Smelly foreign ladybirds invade UK homes
- 11:49 Hartlepool community pays tribute to eight-year-old boy knocked...
- 11:49 Overwatch Sombra update: Reddit clues point to MASSIVE November ARG...
- 11:49 Fifty Shades of Grey art exhibition coming to Harrogate
- 11:49 #ThrowbackThursday: Harrogate men prepare for battle in 1982