Black Friday and Cyber Monday set to boost Christmas sales
0 Have your say Black Friday and Cyber Monday are forecast to make it a very merry Christmas for Britain’s retail sector as shoppers go on a seasonal spending spree.
But up to one in four Christmas shoppers plan to put off making big buys until they’ve seen the Black Friday and Cyber Monday promotions this year - November 25 and 28 respectively.
One in five shoppers bought gifts online and one in nine in-store on Black Friday or Cyber Monday in 2015.
And, as people turn their minds towards filling this year’s stockings, consumer analysts Mintel estimates that total UK retail sales will grow... read more
- 07:41 When will the clocks change in 2017? Here's what you need to know
- 07:41 Over one million UK homeowners on wrong mortgage deal
- 07:38 Man accused of damaging 4X4
- 07:37 VIDEO: Just Alfie launches DT Lunchtime Live
- 07:37 Northants ace Crook in top condition ahead of new campaign
- 07:31 Russell Howard: Why I am always worried about outstaying my welcome
- 07:29 'Knowing I'm doing it for Sam gives me reason to get up in the...
- 07:29 Were you caught on camera at the Winter Gardens in 2000/2001?
- 07:29 Watching England play 'was a breath of fresh air' - Grimsby Town...
- 07:29 Grimsby Town boss Marcus Bignot wants to get back 'that winning...
- 07:29 Dog walker attacked with hammer after being asked for a cigarette
- 07:29 Devastating blow for brave battler Sam as family launch bucket list...
- 07:27 Huddersfield nostalgia: Spring snapshots
- 07:27 Banned teenage driver was back behind the wheel - two months later
- 07:25 Hunt for Shifnal bank robbery gunman
- 07:25 Antoine Griezmann will reject Chelsea to join Manchester United
- 07:20 Best cheap hotels in Birmingham and how they compare
- 07:20 West Brom digest: Broken wing; Mowbray's men; life after 40;...
- 07:20 Birmingham City digest: Feel the Forss; Zola's Inter City; Ryan's...
- 07:20 Aston Villa digest: Gabby defiant; Rushian back; Taylor sees red;...
- 07:20 Staffordshire and Derbyshire Police refer Conservatives to CPS over...
- 07:18 Charlie Morgan's top five farm tips for getting the most out of grass
- 07:16 FARMING MATTERS: Farm safety urged by NFU after month of fatalities
- 07:15 UFC News: Rogan on McGregor vs. Mayweather, Werdum responds to...
- 07:15 Man hit by traffic lights and road closed in Gorseinon
- 07:15 Chelsea to stun Man Utd with mega move, Liverpool eye star,...
- 07:13 Should cannabis be legalized in the UK? A former Northampton...
- 07:13 Derby career burglar Kevin Nash 'found hiding in bath' at student...
- 07:12 Hartlepool United fans turn Blackpool away into home game
- 07:11 The Welsh flag emoji is FINALLY coming to devices this summer