Black Country pub shut for good after string of violent attacks
A troubled Black Country pub at the centre of an attempted murder and other violent attacks has been closed for good.
Police say the Earl of Dudley Arms on Wellington Road, which has been closed since last Christmas, had become a ‘stronghold’ for gang related attacks.
The pub, which has been the scene of a string of violent attacks and a stabbing, had its licence revoked in February.
And despite the owners appealing the decision, magistrates have now ruled that the Earl of Dudley should remain closed.
Read More Earl of Dudley Arms pub forced to close after violent crimes linked to premises... read more
- 09:35 Dundee United goal hero Tony Andreu confident cup win will boost...
- 09:35 Hartlepool boss hails amazing support at Blackpool
- 09:35 Whisper it but cup winners Dundee United enjoyed their day in the...
- 09:35 Scotland boss Gordon Strachan stayed calm amid all the Hampden...
- 09:35 World Curling Championships: Thrilling finish sees Scots win world...
- 09:35 Doncaster chef lands starring role in new Mrs Brown show on BBC1
- 09:34 Drugs raid on nightclub uncovers 40 cannabis plants
- 09:34 Serious house fire prompts smoke alarm warning
- 09:34 What YOU'VE been saying after police confiscate Mother's Day flowers
- 09:33 Pledge made to cut AIDS deaths
- 09:33 Rio Ferdinand: My kids would not talk about grief
- 09:33 Police concerned for missing man from Boston
- 09:33 Russia covered up a nuclear disaster four times worse than Chernobyl
- 09:33 School of the Week: St Cuthbert’s Primary School, Pateley Bridge
- 09:33 Ending Loneliness campaign event: Special opportunity to volunteer...
- 09:32 Alan Shearer: Jose Mourinho will make life tougher for this...
- 09:32 Louis van Gaal tipped to replace Man United star's dad at Holland -...
- 09:32 Joe Rogan not ruling out Conor McGregor KO'ing Floyd Mayweather: He...
- 09:32 Transfer News: Chelsea deal agreed, stunning Man Utd talks, player...
- 09:32 Biker hurt in west Cumbrian crash
- 09:31 Rush hour collision causes delays for motorists on main Doncaster...
- 09:31 China developers drag down Hong Kong shares after fresh property curbs
- 09:31 Doncaster chef lands starring role in new Mrs Brown show on BBC1
- 09:31 Drivers warned that section of A6 to remain closed until end of August
- 09:31 China upset as Japanese minister visits self-ruled Taiwan
- 09:31 Hong Kong protest leaders ominously told they face charges day...
- 09:31 Kane Williamson hits 148 to hand New Zealand first-innings...
- 09:30 Road blocked due to fracking demonstration
- 09:30 Apparently we should we all be aiming to walk 15,000 steps a day
- 09:30 Boozed-up husband assaulted his wife after a row