Bitcoin WARNING: EU Commission says crypto isn't currency with crack down IMMINENT
Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies have attracted a growing number of investors since their value began skyrocketing shortly before Christmas 2017.
Mr Dombrovkis warned that speculation could pose risks to investors, suggesting the European Union stands ready to regulate cryptocurrencies in months to come.
He said: "Cryptocurrencies – which are not currencies in a traditional sense and whose value is not guaranteed – have become subject to considerable speculation: this exposes consumers and investors to substantial risk, including risks to lose their investment.
"This is why our... read more
- 07:49 Roy Keane regrets not ripping Carlos Queiroz’s head off during...
- 07:49 Hartshead secure third win after successful run chase
- 07:49 Haynes bowls Birstall to sixth victory as promotion challenge...
- 07:48 Wolves transfer special: Why this is gearing up to be the most...
- 07:46 Football transfer rumours: Liverpool eye up Lascelles and Tarkowski?
- 07:46 Nick Phipps and Lukhan Tui in for Australia's decider with Ireland
- 07:46 Investigation launched into huge fire
- 07:44 New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern gives birth to baby girl
- 07:44 MotoGP news: Valentino Rossi strategy to beat Marc Marquez revealed...
- 07:44 Shock deal for Arsenal midfielder looks nailed on bookies claim
- 07:42 Scots urged to turn to tap to arrest plastic bottle scourge
- 07:42 Kidnap victims praised after foiled South Yorkshire bank robbery
- 07:41 Call for upskirting bill to include 'deepfake' pornography ban
- 07:41 Jacinda Ardern: New Zealand PM gives birth to baby girl
- 07:41 Minibus carrying 16 passengers crashes into garden on A1028 in Ulceby
- 07:40 Day four of Burton Bridge roadworks gets under way - live updates
- 07:39 Vulnerable pupils abandoned by schools, head of Ofsted warns
- 07:38 Thieves steal from person's mobility scooter while parked in...
- 07:38 100th birthday celebration for Washington dairy queen Elsie
- 07:36 Patriotic Hartlepool DJ flying the flag for England in the World Cup
- 07:35 BAE Systems wins £150 million tank contract with US Marine Corps
- 07:34 Kidnap victims praised after foiled South Yorkshire bank robbery
- 07:33 RISE AND SHINE: Weather, travel and fun features to kick-start your...
- 07:33 Dad-of-10 who fled family after crash dies in prison during...
- 07:33 Bosses make humble public apology after worker got just...
- 07:30 Dixons Carphone sees big profits fall
- 07:29 M55 death crash driver jailed - heartbroken partner recalls...
- 07:27 Parks suffer as councils cut £15 million from green space budgets
- 07:27 Leeds drag and cabaret bar set to take show to another level
- 07:27 Leeds cycle ride to support clean air