Bishop opens super school Oak CE Primary which dropped cross from its emblem
Youngsters sang their hearts out to welcome the opening of their new school.
A mighty chorus of 1,100 children rang out through the grounds of the new Oak Primary CE School on Dryclough Road in Crosland Moor.
They had gathered to see Huddersfield bishop Jonathan Gibbs cut the ribbon on the school gate at the official opening ceremony.
The pupils clapped along as Bishop Gibbs gave a speech and watered a new oak tree that has been planted to mark the occasion.
A group of girls then entertained the others with a dance routine.
Billed as a super school, Oak CE has been created through the... read more
- 07:45 Dismissed steelman calls for police probe
- 07:45 Angry rescuers slam poor planning
- 07:40 No Hard Knock Life for Annie and her crew
- 07:33 Ian McCall slams 'awful' Ayr United performance as they crash to St...
- 07:33 WEATHER: It’s going to be wet and windy
- 07:32 Barcelona willing to offer Real Madrid this star to keep Lionel...
- 07:32 Manchester United star snubbed transfer because of his country
- 07:29 Antoine Griezmann tells Paul Pogba: I see myself at Manchester United
- 07:29 Manchester United's EFL Cup final wildcard could be a man Jose...
- 07:26 Former soldier brandished gun and threatened to shoot teenager at...
- 07:22 THOUGHT FOR THE WEEK: February 26
- 07:19 EastEnders villain 'Nasty' Nick Cotton comes to Huddersfield for...
- 07:19 EXCLUSIVE: Southampton should exploit this Man United weak link -...
- 07:19 Liverpool goalkeeper Simon Mignolet: What I did after Jurgen Klopp...
- 07:15 Australia and Indonesia restore full military ties
- 07:13 WEATHER: It’s going to be wet and windy
- 07:12 Tortoises rescued from smugglers make their Chester Zoo debut
- 07:11 Three arrested after police pursuit across counties
- 07:11 WEATHER: It’s going to be wet and windy
- 07:10 Manchester United star: I want to sign a new deal
- 07:10 Arsenal staff reveal Alexis Sanchez will leave Gunners in the summer
- 07:06 DFS Trading Limited fined £1m after worker suffered serious...
- 07:06 Chef cooks up a veggie treat
- 07:04 Carl Bridgewater murder: Bert Spencer welcomes new police review of...
- 07:03 Men who sup more than seven pints of beer a week for several years...
- 07:03 Army of grandparents saving families billions in child care
- 07:03 Charity helping Thai children says thanks
- 07:02 Burnley boss Sean Dyche: This is what I thought about that red card...
- 07:01 ‘Squequel’ to mouse mystery in Boston Stump
- 07:00 Stunning photos takes you behind the scenes of the Guildhall in Hull