Births led by midwives rather than doctors linked to greater risks – NZ study
The health outcomes for babies born in New Zealand where primary care is led by midwives are significantly worse when compared with care led by doctors, a major new study has found.
New Zealand and the Netherlands are the only two western countries to operate under a midwife-led birthing system. Midwives are the dominant care-giver for four out of five births in New Zealand – from pregnancy through to delivery and post-natal care.
World's first baby born from new procedure using DNA of three people Read more However a new study released today by The University of Otago has found health... read more
- 08:23 Teenage girl left bruised after attempted robbery in Doncaster
- 08:22 Six-storey staff car park approved for Lancaster hospital
- 08:22 Ninja star confiscated from High Peak children
- 08:22 Crash blocks one lane of A50 causing delays
- 08:22 Alarm over decline in flying insects
- 08:21 Sellafield firefighters on strike again today
- 08:20 Man Utd angry at Jose Mourinho and consider replacing him with Luis...
- 08:20 Meet Britain's shortest servicewoman - and she's from Lincolnshire
- 08:20 Arsenal news LIVE updates: Keane blast, Chambers injury blow,...
- 08:19 Granville Academy, in Woodville, closed for rest of week after...
- 08:18 Huge 75-tonne delivery to Hull will cause massive delays on roads
- 08:18 Bingo! Leeds jobs bonanza just the tonic
- 08:16 Inquest into Cumbrian mum's death hears of further hospital errors
- 08:16 Arsenal are behind ‘most teams in the Premier League’, claims...
- 08:16 BBC Breakfast: Naga Munchetty DEMANDS answers in heated Brexit...
- 08:15 Barcelona join the race to sign Tottenham star Harry Kane
- 08:13 You’re going to be obsessed with this Instagram dedicated to...
- 08:13 Country glory in the glens
- 08:11 Plucky Blackpool hotelier uses Google to catch burglar
- 08:11 Mum-of-two fights back from breast cancer at age of 30
- 08:11 Here's how schools are supporting transgender and non-binary pupils
- 08:11 Pervert who lives near three Whitley Bay schools caught with...
- 08:11 Meet the Newcastle couple who quit their jobs to play poker
- 08:11 Is Mersey Gateway bridge "milking the motorist" or "technology at...
- 08:10 Just one yoga class and one jogging session a week can HALF your...
- 08:10 One in five women who use sunbeds are 'tanorexics' - and it is most...
- 08:10 Forget 10,000 steps! Walking anywhere - even for five minutes -...
- 08:09 Owner of Suzanne's Skin Specialist reassures customers after...
- 08:06 Teenage girl left bruised after attempted robbery in Doncaster
- 08:06 Motorcyclist collides with van in Lancaster