Births led by midwives rather than doctors linked to greater risks – NZ study
The health outcomes for babies born in New Zealand where primary care is led by midwives are significantly worse when compared with care led by doctors, a major new study has found.
New Zealand and the Netherlands are the only two western countries to operate under a midwife-led birthing system. Midwives are the dominant care-giver for four out of five births in New Zealand – from pregnancy through to delivery and post-natal care.
World's first baby born from new procedure using DNA of three people Read more However a new study released today by The University of Otago has found health... read more
- 02:35 Almost £2m to be sliced from school support
- 02:27 Mollie King puts on a leggy display in orange stripy mini dress as...
- 02:27 Amanda Holden, 47, shows off her legs in tiny floral mini dress as...
- 02:27 Caroline Flack reminisces on naked kiss with Danny Dyer... ahead of...
- 02:27 Kylie Minogue shows off her age-defying looks as she celebrates her...
- 02:27 PICTURED: Suranne Jones transforms into 'the first modern lesbian'...
- 02:27 Mel C puts on a leggy display in fringed blazer as she arrives for...
- 02:27 Lucy Mecklenburgh and Ryan Thomas pack on the PDA as they enjoy...
- 02:27 Steps' Claire Richards dazzles on stage in fuchsia leotard as band...
- 02:14 Which? names Richer Sounds and Toolstation as UK's best-rated shops
- 02:08 How the US and Rwanda have fallen out over second-hand clothes
- 02:03 'Spider-Man' of Paris climbs four storeys to rescue dangling boy
- 02:03 Tim Hunt: ‘I’ve been hung out to dry. They haven’t even bothered to...
- 01:56 A war of nerves between Pakistan's military and Sharif
- 01:54 Colombia elections: rightwinger and former guerrilla head for...
- 01:53 'On brand': Helen Dale accused of plagiarising tweets
- 01:26 Mamoudou Gassama: Mali 'spiderman' wows France with Paris child rescue
- 01:22 How do I know if it's going to rain?
- 01:19 Engineering consultancy IKM secures fresh work
- 01:00 WH Smith high street sales fall as spoof books disappoint
- 00:46 Figures reveal art auction gender imbalance
- 00:42 Liverpool star Andy Roberton refuses to blame Mohamed Salah injury...
- 00:41 WH Smith rated UK's worst high street shop by Which? readers
- 00:40 Monica Lewinsky and Stormy Daniels: Political scandals across two eras
- 00:36 Jeremy Hunt vows to tackle gender pay gap in medicine
- 00:36 Boris Johnson launches fresh attack on customs union
- 00:36 BREAKING NEWS: Kirklees Council close sports pitches
- 00:30 Jeremy Hunt vows to tackle gender pay gap in medicine
- 00:29 Sudoku 4071 easy
- 00:25 Britain's 'most scenic' bus route revealed