Birmingham Tesco stores running out of Flora as Unilever row continues
Tesco stores across the city are being hit with shortages of Flora, as the supermarket and supplier Unilever continued its price stand-off triggered by the fall in the pound.
Shelves of the buttery spread were sparse at stores in Hockley, New Oscott and Hodge Hill, as customers stock-piled tubs of the margarine.
The row broke out yesterday as Tesco reportedly refused to bow to Unliver’s demand for a 10 per cent price hike, which was sparked by the fall in Sterling since the Brexit vote on June 23.
The company, which supplies household names such as Flora, Marmite, Persil, Surf, Ben &... read more
- 09:50 Car crashes into house for the second time in a decade
- 09:50 Drinking session led to vicious attack on host in Stockton home
- 09:49 Football fan rides horse into pub
- 09:49 Top 10 things to do at the weekend in Lancashire
- 09:48 KT Tunstall rushed to hospital after swallowing chicken wing bone
- 09:47 Football fan rides horse into pub
- 09:46 Stamford man charged with raping teenager
- 09:46 Jose Mourinho speaks out about Wayne Rooney’s Man Utd future
- 09:45 Man taken to hospital after motorbikes crash in Bitterscote Drive,...
- 09:45 Entertainment world mourns Dad's Army creator Jimmy Perry
- 09:44 Syrian refugee kids among £1-an-hour workers making clothes for...
- 09:44 Make It Happen: Groups apply for help from grant scheme
- 09:43 Sean is left hungry after sanctions stop his benefits
- 09:42 Seoul court approves winding down of Hanjin Shipping's four...
- 09:42 Halloween events across Lancashire
- 09:42 European bank stocks recoup post-Brexit losses
- 09:42 Prisons in England and Wales 'need to improve rehabilitation rates'
- 09:42 Lauri Love: MPs sign letter asking President Obama to block...
- 09:41 Children give verdict on Dreamflight delight
- 09:40 Young man denies frail Warwick pensioner’s manslaughter
- 09:39 BOSTON SATURDAY LEAGUE: Results
- 09:38 US 'consternation' over Philippines' Duterte comments
- 09:38 Other classic dating profile photos we’d like to see banned
- 09:37 Top 10 things to do at the weekend in Lancashire
- 09:37 ‘I was still grieving and football came second. We are not robots’
- 09:36 Space themed fireworks spectacular to end the Alton Towers season
- 09:35 Sunderland Council’s £4.1million windfall from Newcastle Airport...
- 09:35 Arsenal fan SLAMS supporters for celebrating being top of Premier...
- 09:35 X Factor hopeful Sam hopes she's a big enough diva
- 09:35 You won’t believe what a Man Utd star was seen doing with a Chelsea...