Birmingham pub bombings: Families call for government funding for legal fees
Relatives of the Birmingham pub bombings victims have said they cannot understand why they are having to fight to get funding for their legal fees.
The pre-inquest hearing into the deaths of 21 people in attacks at two pubs in 1974 opens on Monday.
Last week marked the 42nd anniversary of the tragedy.
Julie Hambleton, whose sister Maxine was one of those killed, said their Belfast-based lawyers deserve financial support.
The Home Office rejected a request from families to pay their legal fees in September.
'Matrix of deceit' Ms Hambleton said a government discretionary fund that was used to... read more
- 16:06 Nine new animal cruelty complaints EVERY DAY in Nottinghamshire
- 16:05 President Hollande ‘Brexit will be PAINFUL for the British’
- 16:05 Engineers repair Syria's Tabqa dam spillways after shelling
- 16:05 Park on the kerb or the grass verge? You could soon be fined for...
- 16:05 German parliament foiled cyber attack by hackers via Israeli website
- 16:05 Angry residents urge council to act immediately after travellers...
- 16:05 This is how Brexit will affect each Premier League club - including...
- 16:05 Why Ross McCormack's Aston Villa career might not be over - Villa...
- 16:05 Aston Villa: Neil Taylor was "nearly in tears" - Everton defender
- 16:04 Pride in Barrow roots to feature in debut author’s labour of love
- 16:04 Zlatan Ibrahimovic hints at extending Manchester United stay
- 16:04 Samsung Galaxy S8 hides home button and gains Bixby AI
- 16:04 Chelsea could replace Real Madrid target Eden Hazard with this...
- 16:04 Arsenal transfer update: Why this star will cost Gunners £38m in...
- 16:04 Chelsea star Eden Hazard: This is where I would like to go
- 16:04 Chelsea reach shock agreement to sign Tottenham midfielder -...
- 16:04 Mesut Ozil gives Arsenal contract update: Don’t believe what you read
- 16:03 Nine new animal cruelty complaints EVERY DAY in Nottinghamshire
- 16:03 Call goes out for your funny pet photos
- 16:03 Appeal for information after car stolen in Cubbington
- 16:03 Murdered PC Keith Palmer will be given a full police service funeral
- 16:03 New ANPR camera to be installed off Thickthorn Island near Kenilworth
- 16:02 New £1 coin is guarded by the QUEEN: Secret security codes embedded...
- 16:02 All your Easter food for £21: How an Aldi leg of lamb, Asda hot...
- 16:02 Vauxhall renames its car colour to 'Maddox Yellow' in support of...
- 16:02 Shares in Scotsman owner Johnston Press fall 11.9% as it slumps to...
- 16:02 Nine new animal cruelty complaints EVERY DAY in Nottinghamshire
- 16:02 Joachim Low explains why Mesut Ozil is one of the world’s best No. 10s
- 16:01 Woodhead Pass murder accused used text messages and GPS apps to...
- 16:00 Facebook Stories - What are they and how do you use them?