Birmingham City's Gypsy curse of St Andrew's finally lifted by priest
A Gypsy curse that has dogged Birmingham City FC for more than a century has been broken – by the upholsterer who re-covered stadium seats.
Businessman and diehard Bluenose John Baines has had the new fabric sprinkled with holy water by a priest.
After a four game unbeaten run, the club has thanked John for breaking the hex that has hung over St Andrew’s since 1906.
In an email, the club’s commercial department told John: “As well as the lift of the curse, the fact that our used substitutes, who had a major impact on the game, had a luxurious seat to warm their bottoms before coming on must... read more
- 07:52 Vandals puncture car tyres with screws
- 07:50 Burglars leave a trail of damage after raiding church
- 07:49 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting schoolgirls
- 07:48 Arsenal and Chelsea transfer target Riechedly Bazoer will leave...
- 07:47 Air strikes 'force IS out of Palmyra'
- 07:42 Man charged following sexual assaults in Burnley
- 07:40 China puts temporary ban on North Korean coal imports
- 07:40 Turkey declares day of mourning after soccer bombing kills 29,...
- 07:38 Lift off for £1m museum refurb
- 07:35 Nathan Peat's unique journey from Hull City to budding teacher
- 07:32 Father loses job after son is sent home because of his new haircut
- 07:27 Murder, mayhem and abductions in Hull as featured in the...
- 07:27 How to avoid putting on weight on at Christmas in 6 simple steps
- 07:27 The most and least expensive houses sold in Hull and East Yorkshire...
- 07:27 Odd job man Raymond Bolton hugged and kissed young sisters in...
- 07:27 Hull slums and how Prince Street has transformed into city's...
- 07:23 Battle of Orgreave documents 'to be released next year'
- 07:19 Mum of stab victim Connor Upton urges people to sign knife statue...
- 07:17 Girlfriend convinces boyfriend she’s been murdered in brutal...
- 07:13 Track Santa’s sleigh online
- 07:13 Deepings and Bourne waste collection details over the Christmas period
- 07:10 Police officer’s jaw broken after being punched by man he wasn’t...
- 07:05 Manchester United ready to swoop for this Paris St-Germain star...
- 07:04 Derby taxi driver fuming after cab is smashed-up AGAIN
- 06:56 VOTE: Help us decide on the best Christmas song of all time
- 06:56 Ban on junk food ads targeted at children
- 06:56 Supermarket recalls balti following allergy fears
- 06:52 VOTE: Help us decide on the best Christmas song of all time
- 06:52 Ban on junk food ads targeted at children
- 06:52 Supermarket recalls balti following allergy fears