Birmingham City: Gary Rowett gives verdict on Commonwealth Games stadium link
Gary Rowett is open-minded about the prospect of Birmingham City benefitting from Brum's bid for the 2026 Commonwealth Games.
The Birmingham Mail revealed last week the local authority will look at the cost and feasibility of building a new stadium as a centrepiece for the bid.
And it has been mooted that Blues could be the host club for a new arena.
Read More What Birmingham City manager Gary Rowett expects from new owners Trillion Trophy Asia
Rowett gave a relatively positive response to the suggestion - but was also mindful of what clubs lose when they move grounds.
"Like most... read more
- 05:06 South American hitman keen on Liverpool switch: They've scouted him...
- 05:06 China police confirm illegally made, stored explosives killed 14
- 05:05 £15m for Teesside, none for us - experts hit out at devolution...
- 05:05 North Tyneside healthcare to be slashed to provide one 24-hour service
- 05:04 Manhunt for murderer with North Wales links into third week
- 05:04 Welsh speakers to man phonelines of major child sex abuse inquiry
- 04:58 Cineworld Broad Street's 4DX screen is a smash hit with the stars...
- 04:51 New York State Athletic Commission keeping a close eye on Conor...
- 04:51 Golden boys! British Ballon d'Or winners: Which Manchester United...
- 04:44 BBC preheats its ovens for last Bake Off final before contest moves...
- 04:36 Paul Beatty is first American to win Man Booker Prize for The Sellout
- 04:36 Father to be sentenced for murder of two-month old baby Daisy-Mae
- 04:36 BBC preheats its ovens for last Bake Off final before contest moves...
- 04:34 James Clapper says North Korea denuclearisation a 'lost cause'
- 04:29 Young adult offenders rethink urged by MPs
- 04:10 LETTER: Open invitation for Corbyn to visit Dewsbury
- 04:10 LETTER: Incensed at decision to shut Kirklees museum
- 04:10 LETTER: We need more than just opposition
- 04:10 PPG is bringing the colour back to the Batley and Birstall community
- 04:10 Week of disruption as roadworks take place at Chain Bar
- 04:10 Cost of living - fuel prices on the increase
- 04:10 Millions of Brits risking home security
- 04:10 30 years on, police re-examine brutal unsolved canalside murder
- 04:10 New Dewsbury sessions to help learn more about World War One
- 04:02 Calais Jungle clearance to continue
- 04:00 Nikkei edges down after U.S. shares drop; mining shares sold
- 03:56 Feeling of financial security 'takes £21,000 savings'
- 03:56 Calais Jungle clearance to continue
- 03:55 Conservatives in turmoil over Heathrow third runway decision
- 03:55 BBC preheats its ovens for last Bake Off final before contest moves...