Birmingham Airport plans £100m overhaul
Birmingham Airport has announced plans to inject £100 million of investment into the transport hub in a bid to improve efficiency and the experience of passengers.
Work has already started on the most significant project which is to replace the hold baggage screening system with the latest x-ray technology.
The airport said this would more than double the hourly baggage processing capacity.
Read More Monarch denies 'negative speculation' over airline's finances
Other major improvements include developing a new drop off car park, which will be free for 30 minutes and will be connected to the... read more
- 21:42 Jamie Carragher identifies the area Chelsea can be exploited by...
- 21:40 Illegal angler fined for fishing without a licence
- 21:40 Tesco is recalling Butter Chicken product as it contains nuts
- 21:36 BREAKING: Turkish police capture New Year's eve ISIS nightclub gunman
- 21:34 Liverpool legend slams Manchester United for "lack of class" in Old...
- 21:34 Thierry Henry: Why Chelsea's 3-4-3 system is so effective
- 21:33 Ivory Coast police fire teargas to disperse protesting students
- 21:32 Pregnancy weight gain not linked to early death in adulthood
- 21:32 Gentler exercise ‘can be just as effective’ as intense activity
- 21:31 'Wicked' man, 78, jailed for historic sex offences against children...
- 21:31 Blue Monday: 17 reasons why Derby folk should be cheerful in 2017
- 21:26 Boy, 17, admits Birmingham taxi stone attack
- 21:24 Mark Carney: Household debt and consumer spending a key focus amid...
- 21:24 Man in court admits hiring a prostitute in Derbyshire
- 21:22 Chelsea close to agreeing major striker deal - Sky Sports reporter
- 21:22 Businesses throw support behind £1m action plan for Derby's St...
- 21:22 Your pictures of REALLY bad parking in Derbyshire
- 21:22 Blue Monday: Let comedians from Derby Theatre's sell-out shows...
- 21:22 Drink-driver crashed into Land Rover carrying baby in Derbyshire
- 21:21 Louis van Gaal set to retire from football for ‘family reasons’
- 21:18 David Cameron should not lead Nato, says senior Tory
- 21:18 EastEnders spoilers: Phil Mitchell discovers the truth about his...
- 21:17 Europe braced for TENS OF THOUSANDS of migrants to arrive in...
- 21:14 Woman, 65, fined £80 for pouring her coffee down a drain
- 21:13 Chelsea lend promising goalkeeper to Solihull Moors
- 21:13 "I am fed up!" Danielle Lloyd claims she doesn't get a PENNY...
- 21:12 Banned Birchencliffe driver smashed into garden wall during police...
- 21:11 Rush hour crash closes M55
- 21:09 Man City boss Pep Guardiola 'takes closer look' at Fabian Delph
- 21:08 Thousands of elderly volunteers help ease health care crisis