Bin lorry driver's assistant tells of moment vehicle hit pensioner on a mobility scooter in fatal accident
A BIN lorry driver’s assistant yesterday told a court of the moment their vehicle hit at OAP on a mobility scooter.
Lee McEwan was giving evidence at the trial of driver Scot Hamilton, who is accused of causing the death of retired teacher Peter Willis, 80.
He was killed when a Stirling Council recycling lorry reversed into him.
McEwan told the High Court in Stirling that Hamilton had to back up to give an oncoming Audi space to get by on a single track road at Sheriffmuir, near Dunblane, Perthshire.
Hamilton, 44, asked McEwan, then 18, to check the nearside mirror – but neither of them... read more
- 17:51 Slovak parliament paves way to probe 1995 kidnapping of president's...
- 17:50 ‘Truly woeful’: SNP fails to pass legislation for A YEAR amid...
- 17:50 BREAKING: Three suffer knife wounds in violent clashes at Turkish...
- 17:50 Tributes to Nottingham Forest steward who was a 'fixture at the club'
- 17:50 ISA 2017: Can I move my ISA money into a different ISA account?
- 17:50 Pound V euro: GBP/EUR bounces higher on German inflation slump
- 17:49 David Tennant to sue over News of the World phone-hacking
- 17:49 Aidan McAteer arrested over Violet Youens death
- 17:49 HSBC extends transgender titles including M and Misc
- 17:49 ‘Majestic pull’ of Edinburgh is attracting tech start-ups
- 17:48 Police called after 'woman jumps from upstairs window' on...
- 17:48 We won’t give in to terrorism
- 17:48 Liverpool hold advantage over Arsenal and Manchester United in top...
- 17:46 Southampton manager Claude Puel hits out at Dusan Tadic and accuses...
- 17:46 Four more Russian athletes found guilty of doping at the London...
- 17:46 Burglars ransack Leeds singer’s home while she’s on night out
- 17:46 Nine-year-old girl 'grabbed by man' near Leeds primary school
- 17:45 U.N. Security Council agrees lower troop cap for Congo mission
- 17:45 Liverpool star: This gives us an advantage over Romelu Lukaku and...
- 17:43 Resurfacing works planned for Coningsby roads
- 17:43 Terrorism only strengthens our democracy
- 17:43 Is THIS the most useless passport in the world?
- 17:42 Dear Reader: Big problem of potholes + beating Gino at bar football!
- 17:42 Camper van hire business behind Crowland home gets consent
- 17:42 Here's why a walk around Swinsty and Fewston reservoirs isn't just...
- 17:41 Favourite Morando ruled out of Betway Lincoln Handicap at Doncaster...
- 17:40 Man slashed across face in daylight attack in Nuneaton
- 17:40 North East property prices still static
- 17:40 ‘This is the superhero you took from us’: Violet-Grace’s family...
- 17:40 Cyclist hurled brick through car window in road rage row