Bidder 'hopeful' of Tata UK steelworks deal
A bidder for three Tata UK steelworks hopes to reach a deal "within weeks", industry sources have told the BBC.
Liberty House is looking to purchase the steelworks in Rotherham, Stocksbridge and Hartlepool, which employ about 2,500 people.
Liberty has already bought Scotland's last major steelworks from Tata, which it reopened on Wednesday.
However, Tata said talks were still under way with a number of possible bidders for the English sites.
A spokesman for the Indian steel giant said: "Talks are continuing over the potential sale of our specialist steel business in South... read more
- 14:10 Warning issued over fake £5 notes - how to ensure yours is real
- 14:10 Lincolnshire residents to be consulted on a unitary authority
- 14:10 #BagelGate: Video of train brawl started by bagel and ending...
- 14:09 Makeup picks: 5 Contour Cosmetics products that will make...
- 14:09 How as a young woman, major surgeries have affected my sex life
- 14:09 Melanie Wilson died after taking prescription drugs, inquest heard
- 14:09 Woman married to man with 'Elephant Man' disease is not scared of...
- 14:09 What does a heart attack feel like? Symptoms could be mistaken for...
- 14:08 Music review: The SCO and Richard Egarr
- 14:07 U.S. core capital goods orders unexpectedly fall in January
- 14:07 FTSE gains despite insurers, LSE weakness
- 14:07 VIDEO: Otter cub separated from mum during Storm Doris rescued by...
- 14:06 How Jose Mourinho rewarded his Man United players after their EFL...
- 14:06 Police found Carlisle murder accused 'covered in his partner's blood'
- 14:05 UNITARY AUTHORITY: East Lindsey ‘will actively engage’ in discussions
- 14:04 Rape probe cops make door-to-door enquiries in Spondon
- 14:04 How to spot a fake fiver
- 14:04 Investigation into Wellingborough stabbing continues
- 14:04 VIDEO: Otter cub separated from mum during Storm Doris rescued by...
- 14:03 Man denies No 11 bus stab murder in Birmingham
- 14:03 Thousands of Bosch gas hobs have been recalled as company warns...
- 14:03 Birmingham City offer trial to son of former Liverpool striker
- 14:03 Pakistan International Airlines investigation launched after...
- 14:03 Here’s how to spot a fake £5 note
- 14:03 Could your job be lost due to advances in technology?
- 14:02 Wall St. to open slightly lower after record run
- 14:02 VIDEO: Otter cub separated from mum during Storm Doris rescued by...
- 14:01 £75 hike to car insurance premiums experts predict
- 14:01 India firms fear lingering economic aftershocks from cash crackdown
- 14:01 Armed police officers pull over vehicle on Sheffield Parkway