Bethany Hill murder trial: "If they knew it was him then I would die" - co-accused defends lie to police
A young woman found inside a blood-spattered bathroom suffered a number of knife wounds to her neck, a court has heard.
Bethany Hill died from a deep cut to her throat that severed her jugular vein and trachea, which caused her to bleed to death.
The forensic scientist who carried out a post-mortem examination on the 20-year-old’s body listed her catalogue of injuries during the trial of two people accused of Miss Hill’s murder at Warwick Crown Court.
Kayleigh Woods, 23, of Hertford Road, Stratford, and Jack Williams, 21, of Redlands Crescent, Stratford, both deny murder.
Miss Hill was... read more
- 07:49 New Zealand PM Jacinda Ardern 'regrets Trump story'
- 07:48 Rihanna’s Fenty Beauty is named Invention of the Year
- 07:48 Mother told her husband ‘shouldn’t take daughter to the ladies’ loos’
- 07:47 Manchester United board promise to sign three Galacticos for...
- 07:47 Gorgeous creatures of NYC Downlow captured in 3D – in pictures
- 07:45 Scientists warn big rise in severe earthquakes is coming next year...
- 07:45 Delays after collision on M1 near Rotherham
- 07:43 Coronation Street boss Kate Oates reveals how she persuaded Alison...
- 07:42 Man arrested in police operation outside prison in Doncaster
- 07:40 Thanks for fantastic cheese on toast, Ian
- 07:39 Live: Breaking news, weather and travel Monday November 20
- 07:38 Queen and Duke star in new portraits to mark 70th anniversary
- 07:35 Beaten, drugged and locked up in mental hospital
- 07:34 Man arrested in police operation outside prison in Doncaster
- 07:34 How to do a job badly
- 07:33 Toddler found in abandoned car after police chase in Rotherham
- 07:33 Double yellow lines
- 07:33 Hundreds of lost lives on roads every year
- 07:32 Warwickshire aiming to benefit from Coventry UK City of Culture bid
- 07:32 Volunteers plant 1,500 trees to help woodland grow
- 07:30 Tombola staff are all tuckered out for I’m a Celeb launch
- 07:28 Are these piles of slop the worst school meals ever made?
- 07:28 Happy anniversary, your Majesty! Queen releases official portraits...
- 07:28 Work starts on new £350,000 visitor centre which aims to create a...
- 07:26 The Weird, Wonderful Web
- 07:25 Burton Live: Breaking news, traffic and travel on Monday, November 20
- 07:25 Hartlepool boss keen to move on from Aldershot loss
- 07:24 Bella Hadid models underwear backstage as she gets ready for...
- 07:23 Brexit divorce bill: Theresa May to hold 'inner cabinet' talks
- 07:23 Serial killer Charles Manson dies aged 83 in hospital after falling...