Berwick survive late scare for narrow victory
Berwick 36-33 Linlithgow
Berwick managed to survive a late fightback by Linlithgow to achieve a bonus-point victory at Scremerston on Saturday.
Overnight rain made the playing conditions damp under foot and whenBerwick came in from the side referee Colin Reavley awarded the visitors a penalty which Linlithgow full back Jack Frame kicked confidently.
Linlithgow continued having the better of the early exchanges with Berwick struggling to gain possession. As a result the defence was put to the test as the visitors exerted the early pressure.
However, the Berwick pack sorted themselves out and... read more
- 11:36 World Cup fantasy football tips: Most picked XI ahead of Round 2...
- 11:33 F1: Red Bull announce two-year engine deal with Honda
- 11:33 Body found in Lincolnshire drain near Sibsey formerly identified as...
- 11:33 Driver left with serious injuries after collision with lorries on...
- 11:31 Major investment made in re-branded Grasmere hotel
- 11:30 What the Queen and Meghan had for lunch at Chester Town Hall
- 11:29 Aidan McAnespie: Soldier charged over checkpoint killing
- 11:29 Lloyds under pressure as HBOS fraud report is published
- 11:29 Sight charity holding open day in Kettering
- 11:29 All three opposition councillor groups call for "extraordinary...
- 11:28 Berwickshire lifeboat crews in action
- 11:28 Goswick to stage Open qualifying
- 11:28 Restaurant and homes plan approved for Whitburn
- 11:28 Gallery: Top brass entertain at Hebden Bridge March Contest
- 11:27 Body found in Lincolnshire drain near Sibsey formerly identified as...
- 11:27 Sheffield and Rotherham men charged over rape of girl, aged 14
- 11:26 Huge Tesco Direct gaming sale ahead of site shutdown
- 11:24 Carlisle man who attacked ex-girlfriend told he's going to prison
- 11:24 How many goals has Harry Kane scored for England and who are...
- 11:24 Bulldoze or rebuild? Architects at odds over future of Glasgow...
- 11:24 'Inadequate' care firm fined £142,500 for safety breach that led to...
- 11:23 Dozens feared dead as overloaded Sumatra ferry sinks
- 11:22 E.On announces 4.8% dual fuel price rise
- 11:22 Mobile app keeping Cumbria fit and healthy
- 11:21 Fake £50 notes used in Ripon and Harrogate: CCTV image of suspects
- 11:20 Malcolm Turnbull says media makes China-Australia relations look bad
- 11:20 Slave trader’s portrait removed from Bristol lord mayor’s office
- 11:19 Restaurant and homes plan approved for Whitburn
- 11:19 'Inadequate' care firm fined £142,500 for safety breach that led to...
- 11:19 Rushden man jailed for historic child sex abuse