Bereaved mum’s tributes removed from baby son’s grave
0 Have your say Bereaved families are upset after being told that they need to remove memorial trinkets left in memory of babies who have died.
Tracey Moreton, 35, scattered her son Theo’s ashes at Cottingley Crematorium in 2011 after he was stillborn at 22 weeks.
In the years since, she has used the baby garden as a place to leave teddy bears and memorial stones in remembrance.
But after visiting this week she noticed a sign which tells people that “unauthorised items” such as ornaments, glassware and pottery are “strictly not allowed” – and her momentos had been removed.
“When I scattered... read more
- 10:56 Wetherby Christmas lights picture special
- 10:55 Sock theft is a thing of the past for Thornton dog owner
- 10:55 International success for Ripon Choral Society
- 10:55 Moving service at Ripon Cathedral to honour war hero
- 10:55 UPDATED 10.38am: 'Total carnage' at A590 crash site as road is...
- 10:55 Nursery enjoys sweet rewards from bees
- 10:55 Shoe boxes filled with festive gifts begin long journey from Barrow...
- 10:55 Households 'face five years of falling disposable incomes' as grim...
- 10:53 Mum slams Cheshire Oaks cinema staff who she claims left her kids...
- 10:53 Where are the speed cameras in Leicester, how are the sites chosen,...
- 10:52 Leicester boss Claude Puel ready to axe first-team stars in £30m...
- 10:52 Newcastle takeover: Mike Ashley to make clean break, Sports Direct...
- 10:52 UPDATED 10.38am: 'Total carnage' at A590 crash site as road is...
- 10:51 Corbyn: I was never supposed to be called Jeremy
- 10:50 Candice Brown cuddles up to fiancé after Paul Hollywood ‘kiss’ scandal
- 10:50 Arrogant commuter who called himself a legend Tasered by police
- 10:50 Woman wakes to find rocking horse dumped in garden with seriously...
- 10:49 Family's emotional thank you to M6 heroes
- 10:49 Ex-Rangers flop Joey Barton received record I’m A Celebrity offer
- 10:48 Alford drink-driver disqualified after head-on collision
- 10:48 Chelsea team news: Predicted Chelsea line up to face Liverpool
- 10:48 Widnes half-back Rangi Chase receives two-year ban from sport after...
- 10:47 Doctor Who Christmas Day special preview screening to be shown in Hull
- 10:46 Little Miss Inventor joins Mr Men and Little Miss line-up
- 10:46 Joy for campaigners as historic viaduct set to open for first time...
- 10:45 Nursery group snaps up two-storey site in St Helens
- 10:45 Four text messages from your 'bank' which you should never reply to
- 10:45 FTSE 100 slips as Centrica shares tumble
- 10:44 Sock theft is a thing of the past for Spud
- 10:44 International recording star Thomas Spencer to perform in Tutbury...