Benefits delay has been ‘hell’ for Bourne cancer patient
A breast cancer patient says the past five months have been a ‘living hell’ after a benefits delay left her struggling to pay bills and buy food.
Maureen Lee, 54, was diagnosed with cancer in May and, after undergoing surgery, she still has five gruelling months of chemotherapy and radiotherapy to cope with.
Prior to her cancer diagnosis, Maureen – who also suffers from coeliac disease and back problems which mean she can’t work – had been living on £102.15 per week in Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) payments from the government.
But just days before she was told she had breast... read more
- 07:41 On This Day: Why speeding ticket was bill-a-wrong, Wembley fever &...
- 07:41 Grace to lose long locks for charity
- 07:41 11 of the cheapest properties for sale in North Lincolnshire
- 07:41 Scunthorpe man sentenced for assault by beating
- 07:41 Lorries too large for this road are 'putting lives in danger'
- 07:41 North Lincolnshire first place in UK to host Eurotrials
- 07:41 When will the clocks change in 2017? Here's what you need to know
- 07:41 Over one million UK homeowners on wrong mortgage deal
- 07:38 Man accused of damaging 4X4
- 07:37 VIDEO: Just Alfie launches DT Lunchtime Live
- 07:37 Northants ace Crook in top condition ahead of new campaign
- 07:31 Russell Howard: Why I am always worried about outstaying my welcome
- 07:29 'Knowing I'm doing it for Sam gives me reason to get up in the...
- 07:29 Were you caught on camera at the Winter Gardens in 2000/2001?
- 07:29 Watching England play 'was a breath of fresh air' - Grimsby Town...
- 07:29 Grimsby Town boss Marcus Bignot wants to get back 'that winning...
- 07:29 Dog walker attacked with hammer after being asked for a cigarette
- 07:29 Devastating blow for brave battler Sam as family launch bucket list...
- 07:27 Huddersfield nostalgia: Spring snapshots
- 07:27 Banned teenage driver was back behind the wheel - two months later
- 07:25 Hunt for Shifnal bank robbery gunman
- 07:25 Antoine Griezmann will reject Chelsea to join Manchester United
- 07:20 Best cheap hotels in Birmingham and how they compare
- 07:20 West Brom digest: Broken wing; Mowbray's men; life after 40;...
- 07:20 Birmingham City digest: Feel the Forss; Zola's Inter City; Ryan's...
- 07:20 Aston Villa digest: Gabby defiant; Rushian back; Taylor sees red;...
- 07:20 Staffordshire and Derbyshire Police refer Conservatives to CPS over...
- 07:18 Charlie Morgan's top five farm tips for getting the most out of grass
- 07:16 FARMING MATTERS: Farm safety urged by NFU after month of fatalities
- 07:15 UFC News: Rogan on McGregor vs. Mayweather, Werdum responds to...