Benefits delay has been ‘hell’ for Bourne cancer patient
0 Have your say A breast cancer patient says the past five months have been a ‘living hell’ after a benefits delay left her struggling to pay bills and buy food.
Maureen Lee, 54, was diagnosed with cancer in May and, after undergoing surgery, she still has five gruelling months of chemotherapy and radiotherapy to cope with.
Prior to her cancer diagnosis, Maureen – who also suffers from coeliac disease and back problems which mean she can’t work – had been living on £102.15 per week in Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) payments from the government.
But just days before she was told she... read more
- 19:16 Ticket touts get boot in the bots in crackdown as punters get...
- 19:15 Poland chides France's Macron for backing tougher line on Warsaw
- 19:15 Midfielder to sign Chelsea transfer deal next week: He will join...
- 19:13 When will the Edge Lane roadworks finish? Delays extended even further
- 19:13 Why schools might be in trouble if they ban fidget spinners
- 19:12 Police taser 'agitated' man who was becoming danger to public
- 19:11 Sony sees surge in chip demand pushing profit nearing 20-year record
- 19:10 Sleek Hyundai SUV comes fully loaded
- 19:10 VW Touareg's got the power to impress
- 19:10 This is Steve Bruce's minimum requirement for Aston Villa next season
- 19:10 Lee Brooks murder trial: Suspect made crowbar threats during police...
- 19:09 Murderer was central figure in Carlisle pub brawl
- 19:09 Make sure you don’t fall victim to these fake CPS emails
- 19:09 Chart toppers have a hoot on night out in Nottingham
- 19:09 School cook of 35 years retires from Notts school on her 65th birthday
- 19:08 Tony Bellew and Deontay Wilder clash in heated exchange at Anthony...
- 19:06 Can Bulgaria beat Italy to win the 2017 Eurovision Song Contest...
- 19:05 Michael Carrick's Manchester United future is key for Jose Mourinho
- 19:05 Whitley Bay boyfriend jailed for more than seven years for killing...
- 19:02 Sweden Eurovision 2017: Robin Bengtsson – I Can’t Go On
- 19:01 Courts: Jail term for man who kicked and spat on police officers
- 19:01 Drug dealer jailed after blasting rival's home with sawn-off shogun
- 19:00 Steve Bruce gives his REAL opinion on Aston Villa vs Birmingham City
- 19:00 Talented youngster becomes the latest to leave Aston Villa
- 18:59 Cardiff vs Newcastle LIVE: Rafa Benitez's side must win to prevent...
- 18:59 Brits face fines of up to 3,000 euros for having sex in street and...
- 18:59 Ryanair passengers 'left in tears' after plane home 'takes off...
- 18:59 Quiet beaches and not a Westerner in sight: Fascinating photo...
- 18:59 Terrifying moment flames burst from a Delta plane as passenger...
- 18:59 The Great bank holiday getaway begins - traffic grinds to a halt as...