Benefits cheat is ordered to sell her house
A grieving woman who cheated the benefits system out of more than £30,000 when she failed to declare cleaning work she was doing will have to sell her home to pay back her ill gotten gains, a court has ruled.
Yvonne Thomas, of Rookwood Avenue, Cleveleys, was brought back before Preston Crown Court, which heard she committed the fraud over a 14-year period.
The 64-year-old’s claims were genuine when she suffered a horse riding injury – but she recovered enough to work, and failed to tell the Department of Work and Pensions and her local authority about her cleaning job.
As a result she was... read more
- 21:08 Fraud trial collapses over disclosure of BHA evidence
- 21:06 Police called to man on roof of castle hotel
- 21:06 Two women charged with murder over death of South Yorkshire woman
- 21:05 Alvaro Morata next club odds: Juventus, Man Utd among favourites to...
- 21:04 PICTURES: Dramatic images show raging inferno near South Yorkshire...
- 21:03 Beyonce and Jay Z show at Hampden given go ahead
- 20:56 Sebastian Vettel disagrees with phasing out of ‘grid girls’ in Monaco
- 20:53 Brexit: Ex-Vote Leave director Cummings warns of 'train wreck'
- 20:52 Uber shuts down self-driving operation in Arizona after fatal crash
- 20:52 Drink-driving dwarf reality star sobs in court as she admits...
- 20:44 'Righteous fight': Warren and Booker call on religious voters to...
- 20:43 Manchester attack: GMP chief criticises BBC documentary
- 20:42 ‘Whistleblower’ woman was ‘taped to chair and gagged by colleagues’
- 20:41 West Craven Well Being Group out to combat loneliness
- 20:35 Fibromyalgia - ‘it’s a battle of mind over body’
- 20:33 Andres Iniesta confirms next move after Barcelona exit
- 20:30 New York City to consider banning plastic straws
- 20:28 PICTURES: Dramatic images show raging inferno near South Yorkshire...
- 20:27 PICTURES: Multiple vehicle crash on busy Sheffield road
- 20:27 PICTURES: Dramatic images show raging inferno near South Yorkshire...
- 20:24 Dementia sufferer, 98, ‘died after care home workers left her in...
- 20:23 PICTURES: Multiple vehicle crash on busy Sheffield road
- 20:21 PICTURES: Multiple vehicle crash on busy Sheffield road
- 20:21 City creative firms in UK top 50
- 20:20 Dementia sufferer, 98, ‘died after care home workers left her in...
- 20:20 Henrikh Mkhitaryan tells Unai Emery what he expects from him...
- 20:19 Thousands flock to Bidford Vintage Gathering
- 20:18 Tesco staff and customers raise £700 for Arena attack victims
- 20:12 The TV wars: why Australia’s messy streaming landscape isn’t...
- 20:12 Disenchantment: new details released on Simpsons creator's first...