Ben steps out to help raise money for hospital
A youngster put his best foot forward to help brighten up a hospital environment.
Ben Nixon, of Cramlington, walked the length of Hadrian’s Wall with his grandfather Robert Nixon, completing the 84-mile walk over a 10-day period.
And the 12-year-old managed to raise £750, which he has donated to The Northumbria hospital at Cramlington to help create a community art space to show local work.
Robert is a member of Cramlington Rotary Club, which is helping Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust to create a garden.
Ben said: “The walk was great fun and the scenery was lovely, but it was... read more
- 16:31 Family devastated after loss of Heysham man
- 16:30 Mother of Doncaster teen killed in horror crash pays tribute to...
- 16:30 Corrie Mckeague: Landfill search for missing airman resumes
- 16:29 Would you like to make a difference to children’s education?
- 16:28 Communities Secretary Sajid Javid says he was a victim of snobbery...
- 16:26 Awesome new solar-powered electric car REVEALED, but there is an issue
- 16:26 Aston Martin Vanquish Zagato Shooting Brake REVEALED in new pictures
- 16:25 Leahy books National Final spot following tough Parks encounter
- 16:24 Late firing times announced
- 16:24 Hundreds raised for local hospice following Heart of Ulverston Awards
- 16:24 Would you like to make a difference to children’s education?
- 16:23 YouTuber, 14, bursts into tears as she reveals school bullies told...
- 16:23 Rare red sprites in action: Dazzling footage shows mysterious...
- 16:23 Is this the key to treating PTSD? Scientists pinpoint fear in the...
- 16:21 Man accused of firearm offences appears in court
- 16:20 Fire safety warning to Sheffield students 'propping open doors to...
- 16:20 This new Lady Gaga waxwork will haunt your dreams
- 16:20 Families enjoy FanFest event at Sunderland’s Stadium of Light
- 16:20 Police appeal after woman sexually assaulted in Washington
- 16:20 Fleetwood takeaway shut down after police raid
- 16:19 Scandal-hit security firm G4S receives 'unprecedented levels' of...
- 16:19 Could CUCUMBERS lead to a cure for Alzheimer's? Breakthrough jab...
- 16:19 Joe Ledley keeps impressive Derby County statistic intact
- 16:19 Vaccine promises to wipe out pneumonia, sepsis and meningitis,...
- 16:19 Cruel Derby teen sets fire to crow - while friend films it
- 16:19 The 180 breast cancer genes: One in five women has a variant that...
- 16:19 Fire safety warning to Sheffield students 'propping open doors to...
- 16:18 Death of man in Seaton could be linked to carbon monoxide
- 16:18 Would you like to make a difference to children’s education?
- 16:18 Birmingham boy, 15, charged with preparing for terrorist acts