Ben Duckett strengthens case for place in England side for first Test in Bangladesh with 50 in warm-up
Ben Duckett marked his 22nd birthday with another half-century to bolster his claim for a place in England's line-up for the first Test against Bangladesh in Chittagong later this week.
Duckett brought up his fourth fifty in his last five innings off 91 balls on the last day of England's final warm-up fixture as they went to lunch on 90 without loss in response to a Bangladesh Cricket Board XI total of 294 all out at MA Aziz Stadium.
Haseeb Hameed survived a couple of early blows from Taskin Ahmed to compliment Duckett (60no) nicely and was unbeaten on 26 at the end of the first session.... read more
- 00:57 Venezuela opposition puts pressure on President Maduro
- 00:57 'NUTRITION IS ABOUT FEELING GOOD'
- 00:57 Flood defence funding 'favours rich areas' in the South East
- 00:53 Microsoft to increase UK prices of enterprise products, citing...
- 00:52 Gerard Butler, Venus Williams and Gordon Ramsey watch Lewis...
- 00:49 Scottish teachers begin strike action over workloads
- 00:47 Indyref2 is 'waste of time' until Scottish Government tackles...
- 00:46 Is vinegar the next SUPERFOOD? Grain and fruit varieties 'have good...
- 00:46 Dalbeattie Tennis Club hosts 2016 end of season awards evening
- 00:45 Monday interview: Brett Simpson, chief executive of Low & Bonar
- 00:45 Edinburgh’s office take-up shrugs off Brexit uncertainty
- 00:45 Call to help Dundee’s Waterfront progress
- 00:44 Doctors name treatments that bring little or no benefit
- 00:42 The media boss who swapped winning Oscars for kids TV
- 00:42 For AT&T, Time Warner was always on the menu
- 00:41 Ian Rankin: ‘I can’t imagine killing off Rebus’
- 00:41 Classical music review: St Andrews Voices, St Andrews
- 00:41 Heading footballs 'affects memory'
- 00:37 Manchester United legend Phil Neville blasts Paul Pogba and Ander...
- 00:37 'I can't wait for wedding I never had': Transgender Justine on...
- 00:37 Better bus services 'cut social deprivation'
- 00:35 Trainers and decorative flamingos kick CD racks off shopping lists
- 00:35 ‘Tornado’ image of starlings wins coveted photography competition
- 00:33 Modi sees election danger in India's 'Dalit Queen'
- 00:33 Top assist providers in Premier League history: Which Man Utd great...
- 00:29 What next after the Jungle?
- 00:28 AI predicts outcome of human rights cases
- 00:24 Scents of villainy, from Eden to an odiferous ancient Rome
- 00:24 ‘Neither independent nor impartial’
- 00:24 The tallest tree in the forest