Ben Duckett likely to make Test debut after impressing again in tour match
The Northants batsman, who is 22 today, has continued the rich vein of form that saw him plunder 2706 runs last summer with four half-centuries in five innings so far on tour.
The latest came on the last day of England’s final warm-up match before the first Test when he scored 60 against a Bangladesh Cricket Board XI in Chittagong before retiring.
It followed 60 and 63 to help England win the recent one-day series, and an incredible summer that saw him average 60.82 in the County Championship, 43.36 in the NatWest T20 Blast, and 63.28 in 50-over games.
He also hit an unbeaten 163 on his... read more
- 09:01 Here's how you can get extra help from Northern Powergrid during a...
- 09:00 WWE superstar Brock Lesnar accused of taking steroids months before...
- 09:00 Juncker’s crony Antonio Tajani tipped to become Euro Parliament...
- 09:00 Space community mourns the death of the last man to stand on the...
- 09:00 BREAKING: Guy Verhofstadt 'BOTTLES IT' as he QUITS EU Parliament race
- 09:00 South Shields car thief got punch in the face
- 09:00 How much has Lancashire Constabulary’s three year investigation...
- 08:59 Households watching pirate TV can expect a scary letter through the...
- 08:59 Manchester United showed ‘lack of class’ against Liverpool, says...
- 08:59 Man who killed three members of Sheffield family appeals against...
- 08:59 UPDATE: Man arrested on suspicion of murder in connection with...
- 08:59 How to stop all nuisance calls
- 08:58 Russia expects dialogue with Trump on nuclear weapons - Lavrov
- 08:58 Pound recovers ahead of May Brexit speech
- 08:58 How to order a martini: 7 gin martini types you need to know
- 08:58 Flamingo Land zoo column with Lindsay Taylor
- 08:57 Busker on board Leeds buses to shine a light on mental health
- 08:57 Karen Gillan on Tupperware Party, Inverness and Avengers
- 08:56 Snapped: West Ham outcast dons new club's kit after completing...
- 08:55 School remains closed over building's safety fears
- 08:54 Give rugby club a try and help secure its future
- 08:53 Pat Nevin makes huge claim about Chelsea striker Diego Costa
- 08:53 Appeal after crashed car is found abandoned on Amounderness Way
- 08:53 Robinson steps down as Hartlepool Rovers coach, Benson takes charge
- 08:52 Greggs sales boosted by demand for healthier snacks
- 08:52 Revealed: Rick Astley & more in Harrogate Theatre's new season
- 08:51 Arnfield verus Hall re-match is on
- 08:51 Club confirms talks over Chelsea deal: This would be huge
- 08:51 Greg’s yellow card collection is costly
- 08:51 Fran calls time on career