Ben Cockayne commits to helping Hull KR bounce back to Super League
Ben Cockayne has reaffirmed his commitment to Hull KR in the Championship, stating he'll be with the club 'for as long as they want him'.
The 33-year-old was with Rovers for eight of their ten years in Super League, and became an integral part of the 2006 side that secured promotion to the top-flight.
Becoming part of the furniture at the Lightstream Stadium, Cockayne says the determination to help lead the charge back to Super League is already burning inside.
More news: Who stays and who goes in wake of Hull KR's relegation from Super League?
"Been a big part of my life and will... read more
- 08:12 Barrow mums speak of breastfeeding pride as figures reveal town has...
- 08:12 Figures show huge rise in child sex abuse cases in Lancashire
- 08:11 Cousin of tragic Mikala Ireland to run London Marathon in her memory
- 08:11 UFC want half of Conor McGregor's purse if he fights Floyd...
- 08:10 Exclusive: Ed Sheeran moved to tears by Liberia trip
- 08:10 Mel B timed her divorce to Stephen Belafonte so she could hang onto...
- 08:10 Stephanie Davis shares very intimate photo of the moment baby son...
- 08:10 Live updates: Westminster terrorist Khalid Masood unmasked as...
- 08:09 Guest column: Shale gas application was a complex call for everyone
- 08:08 Premier League stats: Top passers this season revealed with one...
- 08:08 Lewis Hamilton makes statement about world title in Australian...
- 08:07 A590 closed at Lindal tonight 8pm-6am but road fully reopens...
- 08:07 Former Cumbria chief constable to lead response to Westminster...
- 08:07 Green light for measures aimed at cutting Cartmel congestion
- 08:07 Inspectors visit Dalton zoo ahead of fresh licence application
- 08:07 Young Barrow woman's life cut short after battle with addiction
- 08:07 Hundreds turn out to say goodbye to Sunderland dad Lee Downey
- 08:07 Alliance Trust Savings returns to full-year profit
- 08:06 Author Bill Bryson names St Andrew’s Church in Whissendine as one...
- 08:06 Roosting pigeons leave St Mary’s Church in Stamford with £30,000...
- 08:06 Villages such as Measham to become 'meat in noisy sandwich' over...
- 08:06 Campaigners hit out at Florida Farm decision
- 08:06 Bank branch to close its doors in September
- 08:06 Number of child sex offences recorded in Derbyshire drops
- 08:05 ‘I’m not going to retire’ says Hartlepool TV star Jeff Stelling
- 08:05 Plans for 30 homes in village near Shrewsbury submitted
- 08:04 Sheffield ice hockey player to be sentenced for sex attacks on girls
- 08:04 Guest column: Shale gas application was a complex call for everyone
- 08:03 Guest column: Shale gas application was a complex call for everyone
- 08:03 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel news, weather and fun features