Bellway shrugs off Brexit blues: Housebuilder hikes dividend after record year
Housebuilder Bellway hiked its dividend after a record year as it brushed off worries about the Brexit vote.
The Newcastle-based builder said it will pay a dividend of 108p a share, up 40 per cent from 77p last year, after annual profits soared 40.6 per cent to £497.9million.
Bellway's stock fell nearly 40 per cent in the immediate aftermath of the referendum but has risen strongly since then.
Chief executive Ted Ayres said: 'On June 24 we all went into a bit of a meltdown. But we have seen trading remaining strong. But we need to be vigilant and remain mindful about the future.'
RELATED... read more
- 07:55 Radio station to host hospice charity’s business club
- 07:55 Martin Flanagan: Chancellor tries to ease Brexit concerns
- 07:53 Germans' purchasing power grows at slowest pace in more than three...
- 07:53 Video: Johnny Depp jokes about Donald Trump assassination
- 07:53 Tiemoue Bakayoko to Chelsea: Details include five-year deal and...
- 07:53 Safety concerns as Carlisle road cracks in heat
- 07:52 Tamworth FC: Time running out for early-bird offer
- 07:52 Tamworth FC's Louis is raring to go after his injury hell
- 07:52 Funding pot of up to £5,000 open for youth groups in South Holland...
- 07:52 British and Irish Lions can end New Zealand's unbeaten run at Eden...
- 07:51 UPDATE 1-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on June 23
- 07:51 Premier League transfer gossip: Arsenal lead race for Kylian...
- 07:49 GCSE students shine at ArtWaves
- 07:49 Terrifying armed robbers traumatised family after they were held at...
- 07:48 Headbutt attack inside Notts pub caught on video
- 07:48 Disruption to Nottingham tram services due to tram failure
- 07:48 Trespassers on the tracks delay Nottingham trains
- 07:47 Manchester United’s Matteo Darmian calls Jose Mourinho to force...
- 07:47 VIDEO: Talented 14-year-old singer from Rippingale will appear on...
- 07:47 Trojans bid for hat-trick of Heavy Woollen Cup victories
- 07:46 Guest column: Grenfell Tower tragedy shows why cuts to emergency...
- 07:44 Action-packed weekend of entertainment at South Derbyshire's...
- 07:43 Foodies give £60m boost to Loch Lomond national park
- 07:42 Tories deny using Neath call centre to breach election law
- 07:42 MARKET REPORT: Pharma stocks cushion the blow as weak oil prices...
- 07:41 Archbishop to make tracks for Whitby
- 07:41 Brave Bradley Lowery having a 'brilliant time' as he visits Whitby
- 07:40 Heartbroken family of teenager Nell Jones who died in Manchester...
- 07:39 ECB seeks greater power over clearing supervision
- 07:39 Manchester United transfer interests Monaco player Fabinho