Bellway shrugs off Brexit blues: Housebuilder hikes dividend after record year
Housebuilder Bellway hiked its dividend after a record year as it brushed off worries about the Brexit vote.
The Newcastle-based builder said it will pay a dividend of 108p a share, up 40 per cent from 77p last year, after annual profits soared 40.6 per cent to £497.9million.
Bellway's stock fell nearly 40 per cent in the immediate aftermath of the referendum but has risen strongly since then.
Chief executive Ted Ayres said: 'On June 24 we all went into a bit of a meltdown. But we have seen trading remaining strong. But we need to be vigilant and remain mindful about the future.'
RELATED... read more
- 06:21 Aberdeen star Peter Pawlett determined to earn new deal at Pittdorie
- 06:21 Dundee defender Darren O'Dea says manager Paul Hartley has put him...
- 06:21 Rangers interim boss Graeme Murty is coping well in Ibrox hotseat,...
- 06:21 Scotland star Richie Gray not worried about who is the captain...
- 06:21 Hibs boss Neil Lennon says rant following Raith Rovers draw proves...
- 06:21 Celtic striker Moussa Dembele could stay at Parkhead for four...
- 06:21 The makings of Moussa Dembele as his agent reveals all about the...
- 06:21 East Kilbride striker admits he defied gaffer's orders to seal win...
- 06:20 Bot out, Ukip tells Putin, as pro-Russia tweeters attack Paul Nuttall
- 06:20 Court ruling due on challenge to minimum income...
- 06:20 Shrewsbury boss fined £3,500 over danger hoverboards
- 06:19 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel news, weather and fun features
- 06:18 'The EU will END' Terrified European chief fears Marine Le Pen...
- 06:15 Former Manchester United FC star criticises FOUR current players
- 06:15 Lancashire Police failing stress test
- 06:12 Thousands of tiny plastic 'nurdles' washed up on Hartlepool beach
- 06:12 Top sponsors for Sunderland students event
- 06:12 Camera helps catch Wearside flytipper
- 06:12 Sunderland paedophile snared by Dark Justice
- 06:11 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel news, weather and fun features
- 06:11 Anthony Martial: Why my form was better under Louis van Gaal than...
- 06:10 Plans go in for Sikh temple in Kettering
- 06:10 Independent coffee chain set for expansion with new branches in...
- 06:10 Corby teacher named in top 10 in the world
- 06:10 Teen’s death leaves village in shock
- 06:10 Section of A61 in Chesterfield shut for hours due to 'incident'
- 06:08 WEATHER WARNING: Winds of up to 60mph to batter North West
- 06:08 Vandals cause bus disruption across city
- 06:08 Cycle track arrest of most wanted Morecambe man
- 06:08 Philippine minister doubtful of China row resolution 'during our...