Belgian train station evacuated after ‘three police officers stabbed’
A train station in Brussels has been evacuated after up to three police officers were reportedly stabbed and a bomb threat made.
Brussels Nord Train Station is currently being swept for explosives, after the officers were attacked at one of its checkpoints.
Police spokesman Frederic Sacre said: ‘A message of an alleged bomb threat was sent to the police, all the people were evacuated from the station, the trains have stopped.
‘This will continue until security services inspect the station, minimum an hour.’
More to follow.
- 07:47 LIVE BLOG: 22 dead after terror attack at Manchester Arena concert
- 07:47 Delays as some trains from Leeds are diverted after suspected...
- 07:47 Gateshead pair missing following terror attack at Ariana Grande...
- 07:47 Ariana Grande support act BIA posts ‘heartbroken’ tweets in wake of...
- 07:46 LATEST UPDATES: Manchester Arena explosion - 19 people killed and...
- 07:46 Sheffield mum describes horror after 19 killed and 50 injured in...
- 07:45 Ariana Grande tour ‘suspended’: Singer calls off concerts after...
- 07:44 Martin Flanagan: RBS legal action hangs in the balance
- 07:44 Two men publicly caned in Indonesia for having gay sex
- 07:43 Haitians who came after earthquake granted six-month extension
- 07:43 Sinkhole opens at Trump's Florida retreat
- 07:43 LIVE BLOG: 22 dead after terror attack at Manchester Arena concert
- 07:42 General election campaign suspended after Manchester attack
- 07:42 Children among dead as death toll rises after Manchester concert...
- 07:42 How to save a small fortune on your mobile: The best value SIM-only...
- 07:42 Huddersfield Town fans let the retro train take the strain to Wembley
- 07:42 I thought my car finance deal let me hand it back at the end... but...
- 07:41 LIVE BLOG: 22 dead after terror attack at Manchester Arena concert
- 07:42 22 dead in suspected terrorist attack at pop concert in Manchester
- 07:42 LIVE BLOG: 22 dead after terror attack at Manchester Arena concert
- 07:42 LATEST UPDATES: Manchester Arena explosion - 19 people killed and...
- 07:41 Delays as some trains from Leeds are diverted after suspected...
- 07:41 Paul Merson: Forget Antoine Griezmann - Manchester United should...
- 07:40 Changes to Seaton Carew’s controversial parking scheme to be discussed
- 07:40 22 dead in suspected terrorist attack at pop concert in Manchester
- 07:40 Why BBC shock drama Three Girls offers a stark warning which should...
- 07:40 David Moyes quits as Sunderland manager and wishes club well
- 07:39 Manchester Arena: Eyewitnesses describe blast horror
- 07:39 Paragon posts marginal decline in first half profit
- 07:39 Manchester Arena blast: What we know so far