Being fat and having type 2 diabetes 'more than DOUBLES the chances of liver cancer'
Obese people with type two diabetes are more than twice as likely to develop liver cancer, scientists have found.
A new study found that a high body mass index (BMI), increased waist circumference and type two diabetes increased the risk of liver cancer by 2.61 times.
And that risk rose with increases in BMI.
Researchers found an eight per cent risk increase for every five centimetres on someone's waistline.
For every five kilogramme per metres squared increase in BMI, there was a 38 and 25 per cent increase in the risk for liver cancer in men and women, respectively.
Author Dr Peter... read more
- 11:45 CCTV APPEAL: Fake £50 warning for residents in Garstang
- 11:45 Letters - June 19, 2018
- 11:44 Young people urged to stay in the Lake District
- 11:43 University open days: everything you always wanted to know about X
- 11:42 Driver left with serious injuries after collision with lorries on...
- 11:42 Pair of candlesticks stolen from a church in Stanford-on-Avon
- 11:41 Four in five of us have ‘no clue’ when it comes to taking vitamins
- 11:41 H&M is launching a snazzy lingerie collaboration
- 11:39 Row as Mansfield District council pays thousands to property...
- 11:39 Nigel Slater’s courgettes and tagliatelle recipe
- 11:39 Microbead ban: Here are some natural alternatives
- 11:39 Supermarket chain plans to demolish neighbouring Whitefied shop to...
- 11:39 Fire breaks out above Ulverston town centre business
- 11:38 Watch: Ripon's Got Talent acts find out they're through to the final
- 11:38 New fire and ambulance station helping to save lives in Sleaford
- 11:38 Body of man found dead in river is identified and named after...
- 11:38 Jobs to go at Poundworld head office in Normanton
- 11:38 Buxton woman transformed into singing sensation Sia for Stars in...
- 11:37 Cambridge students finish the year stumbling home after...
- 11:37 Manager’s delight at pub’s new look
- 11:37 Anti-stalking: Cheshire Police and Suzy Lamplugh Trust launch unit
- 11:36 Chelsea stars fearing Eden Hazard will quit for Real Madrid...
- 11:36 Outfitter toasts £100k whisky hire contract
- 11:36 Ryan Giggs sends message to Gareth Bale over Manchester...
- 11:36 Driver left with serious injuries after collision with lorries on...
- 11:36 IN PICTURES: Wigan through the decades
- 11:36 World Cup fantasy football tips: Most picked XI ahead of Round 2...
- 11:33 F1: Red Bull announce two-year engine deal with Honda
- 11:33 Body found in Lincolnshire drain near Sibsey formerly identified as...
- 11:33 Driver left with serious injuries after collision with lorries on...