Being fat and having type 2 diabetes 'more than DOUBLES the chances of liver cancer'
Obese people with type two diabetes are more than twice as likely to develop liver cancer, scientists have found.
A new study found that a high body mass index (BMI), increased waist circumference and type two diabetes increased the risk of liver cancer by 2.61 times.
And that risk rose with increases in BMI.
Researchers found an eight per cent risk increase for every five centimetres on someone's waistline.
For every five kilogramme per metres squared increase in BMI, there was a 38 and 25 per cent increase in the risk for liver cancer in men and women, respectively.
Author Dr Peter... read more
- 12:05 Something fishy going on at primary school
- 12:05 Charity farmers market helps out Egremont homeless hostel
- 12:05 Man who jumped into burning flat to save person following explosion...
- 12:05 Watch slow-mooooving traffic bring the M56 to a standstill
- 12:05 Seven properties to snap up at auction - including a stately home...
- 12:04 Confidence in police remains high - says latest report
- 12:04 Pensioner jailed for part in £2.2 million drug dealing ring smashed...
- 12:04 Watch: Fearless mayor takes to the skies in charity wing walk
- 12:04 Watch: Dramatic moment car turns into fireball underneath the M6
- 12:03 White Helmets' bikes to go under hammer in Sherborne
- 12:03 Empty Market Square shop to be taken on and given £60,000 facelift
- 12:03 Festive spotlight on Harrogate as Christmas Guide is launched
- 12:03 Saracens fly-half Alex Lozowski signs contract extension as he...
- 12:03 Bridget Phillipson MP: Supported housing needs better funding
- 12:03 Woman who breastfeed a puppy and ‘fertilised’ one of her eggs with...
- 12:03 Something fishy going on at primary school
- 12:03 Confidence in police remains high - says latest report
- 12:02 ‘Appointments as usual’ during ‘emergency situation’ at medical...
- 12:01 Northern Ireland boss Michael O'Neill banned from driving for 16...
- 12:01 Real Madrid star Gareth Bale could be in line for return to...
- 12:00 Man who sourced heroin in Barrow is jailed after £3.7k drugs stash...
- 12:00 Dewsbury Moor overcome Saints to set up Woolston play-off final
- 12:00 Barcelona sporting director scouts Anthony Martial during...
- 12:00 Opening date for South Shore supermarket
- 12:00 Manchester United and Tottenham interested in Polish wonderkid...
- 11:59 Chesterfield council tenants may have to change their own lightbulbs
- 11:59 SNP ‘can’t have cake and eat it’ over Barnett Formula
- 11:58 Widnes care home facing closure prospect blasted as 'inadequate'
- 11:57 University lecturers show ‘overwhelming support’ for going on...
- 11:57 Chelsea team news: Predicted Chelsea line up to face Watford – with...