Being bitten by your CAT is much more dangerous than you think: A feline's fangs inject bacteria deep under the skin and can even cause sepsis
Saturday night in A&E. As another stabbing victim hurtled past on a trolley, I began to feel rather a fraud seeking help for a mere swollen hand.
It was only a tiny cat bite after all.
'I expect you think I'm making a fuss about nothing,' I said to the doctor.
But my apologetic manner soon turned to alarm as my swollen hand was taken very seriously indeed with blood tests, examination by a junior doctor, then a senior colleague, who told me: 'I'm sorry, but you won't be going home tonight.'
Four in five animal bites are minor and seldom require medical attention.
But a bite to the... read more
- 06:49 Blundering thief told cops: 'You are after me, I have robbed...
- 06:49 Revealed: 5 new shops planned in Morrisons Festival Park expansion
- 06:49 Family's 'lucky escape' after van torched by arsonists narrowly...
- 06:49 Christmas comes early for 18,492 Stoke-on-Trent City Council...
- 06:49 Caught on camera: Picture released of 'Stoke-on-Trent's most...
- 06:46 Crowe resigns as Brig manager
- 06:38 Solomon Islands rocked by another major earthquake
- 06:38 After impeachment, South Korea prime minister urges calm, vigilance
- 06:30 Justice secretary praises our campaign calling for tougher...
- 06:29 £25 million green resort plan for Doncaster
- 06:28 Final piece of town vision is complete
- 06:21 Woman falsely claimed £46k benefits by saying she was single mother
- 06:21 When should parents tell their children the truth about Santa Claus?
- 06:20 '400 kill themselves' after release from police custody
- 06:15 Patients failing to attend hospital appointments in Derby are...
- 06:13 No objection to removal of payphones in Skegness
- 06:11 Wellingborough mum backs £3m children’s hospital appeal
- 06:11 Wellingborough medical staff to walk for wounded veterans charity
- 06:11 Elderly couple threatened with screwdrivers during break-in at...
- 06:11 Health experts urge people in Northamptonshire to order repeat...
- 06:08 Play swings removed after safety inspection
- 06:08 Leader comment: Railway policing on right track
- 06:08 Leader comment: All victims of abuse must have equal justice
- 06:05 Traders' parking headache after section of High Street is newly...
- 06:02 Daventry housing group works with charity to help those with mental...
- 05:59 Russia 'intervened to promote Trump' - US intelligence
- 05:57 Key meeting to take place on Monday to discuss future of Daventry...
- 05:56 Chelsea boss Antonio Conte: I worried about this Stamford Bridge star
- 05:53 Lorry driver smuggled drugs worth more than £5 million into UK
- 05:41 Heaviest losses by English clubs in Europe: Who pummelled Arsenal,...