Beggar tried to get to Eastwood, ended up in court
A man was left with a £130 legal bill after a court heard that he was begging on city streets.
Nottingham magistrates were told that Daniel Warren, 34, was initially seen by a policeman and could be heard talking to passers-by on Barker Gate.
Margaret Martin, prosecuting, said the officer noted Warren saying: "I am sorry to bother you. Can you give me some change?"
He was thought to have approached up to a dozen people in the street.
Later Warren went up to someone else and said: "I am not a beggar. Can you spare me some change to get to Eastwood?"
Read more: City... read more
- 18:23 Ander Herrera reveals amazing secret about Zlatan Ibrahimovic
- 18:22 Birmingham Moseley taking nothing for granted against struggling...
- 18:22 Aldi to open SIXTH Coventry store - and they're hiring
- 18:21 Squash is a ‘great’ sport to teach, say Doncaster brothers
- 18:21 Appeal to trace South Yorkshire owner of stolen rose gold iPhone 6
- 18:20 Sheffield man accused of sexually assaulting vulnerable women says...
- 18:20 Appeal to trace South Yorkshire owner of stolen rose gold iPhone 6
- 18:20 Fire breaks out at Bangladesh central bank
- 18:20 Cobblers winger Sonupe joins Kidderminster on loan
- 18:20 EU refugee policy unsustainable, says Council of Europe commissioner
- 18:19 Mum sobs in court after smashing up equipment at Lincoln hospital
- 18:17 Two men jailed after trying to sell handgun linked to terrifying...
- 18:17 Pointless presenter Alexander Armstrong left unnerved by THIS...
- 18:17 REVEALED: 14 ways to keep kids entertained on flights WITHOUT...
- 18:17 Anti-ageing drug could be on the market in three years, say scientists
- 18:16 Mark McGhee urges Scotland fans to turn out in numbers for Slovenia...
- 18:16 Watch as Leicester mum shaves her head for charity
- 18:16 Bayern Munich being sued after Manchester United incident
- 18:16 Amber Valley residents urged to remain vigilant after several...
- 18:16 Southampton star Nathan Redmond reveals England aim
- 18:15 Your Kodi box could soon be declared illegal
- 18:15 London attack: Home secretary says don't blame intelligence agencies
- 18:14 Moldova says no response from Russia on money-laundering probe
- 18:14 How your breast milk changes depending what time of year it is
- 18:14 Granit Xhaka confident Arsene Wenger will stay on at Arsenal
- 18:13 Updates: 'Armed police' surround house in Scunthorpe town centre
- 18:13 Former soldier holds race night to say thank you
- 18:13 Duns Camera Club winners
- 18:12 'Migrant wave’ has exposed EU weaknesses, admits German...
- 18:12 Would YOU eat these meals? Bake Off's Prue Leith backs campaign for...