Beer festival boost for Borneo-bound students
A beer festival has been organised to help raise money to send Huddersfield school students on a 19-day educational trip to Borneo.
The festival takes place on Saturday, October 1, from 2pm at the Colne Valley Scouts base on Pickford Street, Milnsbridge.
Breweries supporting the event include Ossett Brewery, Mill Town and Riverhead Brewery. There will be food and a cake stall.
Money raised will help to fund an expedition for 10 Honley High School pupils who each need to raise £3,500 to cover the costs.
Pupils have been working hard to raise the cash in recent weeks.
Read More Rob Stewart... read more
- 07:09 Bob Mortimer: my doctor said I'd have a heart attack on stage
- 07:08 Man charged over robbery of woman, 85, in north Derbyshire
- 07:08 Standing up for rail service
- 07:08 Spread the green suburbs across the city
- 07:08 Graffiti at Square
- 07:08 Grave matters at Sheffield Cathedral
- 07:08 The yeast from the east: six wines to try from eastern Europe
- 07:08 Seven ways to improve your memory
- 07:08 How IVF became a licence to print money
- 07:06 How to change a light bulb
- 07:04 From 1966 to Lineker’s hat-trick: England’s best-ever World...
- 07:04 England’s worst-ever performances at the World Cup
- 07:03 Mexico partied so hard after victory over Germany they set off...
- 07:01 Arsenal transfer news: Lucas Torreira deal close, Sky Sports man...
- 07:01 Man Utd transfer news: Real Madrid ace Toni Kroos 'opens door' on...
- 07:00 England World Cup quiz: How much do you know about the squad?
- 06:59 Carriageway closed on M55 after crash
- 06:59 Birmingham's silent killer - 900 a year die but nobody talks about it
- 06:59 The Birmingham children spending half a year living in B&Bs
- 06:59 Birmingham dad left paralysed 'minutes after being discharged' from...
- 06:53 Liverpool transfer news: Jurgen Klopp has convinced starlet Rhian...
- 06:53 Leeds Council member for children joins Yorkshire-wide call for...
- 06:53 City hosts celebration of the vegan lifestyle
- 06:53 Watch classic movies under the stars in Leeds city centre
- 06:47 Counterfeiting story is the real deal, say prize judges
- 06:47 Glasgow’s ‘ring’ of rock art sheds light on prehistory
- 06:46 Seals forced to dive off cliffs after yobs start throwing rocks...
- 06:42 Tannery goes hell for leather for expansion
- 06:42 Debit card payments overtake cash
- 06:42 John Lewis trial buy-back scheme for clothing