Beat it: Top tips to protect your heart's health
As the days grow colder, we layer on the clothes and hide a multitude of sins that stem from comfort eating. Winter may not seem the most natural time to start a fitness regime, but even moderate exercise has been shown to significantly boost the heart’s health.
Invest in a Fitbit or pedometer or download a health and fitness tracker for your phone. As little as 20 minutes of exercise a day can make a difference.
About 80 per cent of cardiovascular disease is caused by poor lifestyle choices. “Some risk factors – high levels of fat and sugar in the blood and being overweight – can be... read more
- 10:52 Thirteen more storms set to hit Britain this winter
- 10:52 Government health officials slam star Calvin Harris for claiming...
- 10:51 Khabib Nurmagomedov’s next fight seemingly revealed by Joe Rogan
- 10:51 Foreign visitors will now be charged to use the NHS
- 10:50 'Dreamflight gives everybody a chance to do something amazing'
- 10:50 'Holiday of a lifetime': Sick children overjoyed on Dreamflight...
- 10:50 Jobcentre staff strike over closure of Sheffield office
- 10:50 Woman charged with murdering boy aged 18 months who fell from...
- 10:50 Sheffield NHS bosses monitoring 'shambolic' private ambulance...
- 10:50 PICTURES: Redbrik Chesterfield Half Marathon 2017
- 10:50 Fire in Sheffield park was arson attack
- 10:48 Man has arm broken after being hit with metal pole in Morecambe
- 10:48 Antonio Conte to hand Charly Musonda a lifeline after...
- 10:47 Nightmare on Cornwall Street: Building work in city centre has left...
- 10:47 Investigation launched after thieves drill into fuel tanks and...
- 10:47 Sam Smith feels as ‘much as a woman as a man’ as he opens up about...
- 10:47 Police release image of missing 13-year-old girl
- 10:47 War veteran to receive fitting send-off after public appeal
- 10:47 Expecting women to ‘Ride or Die’ is so boringly lame
- 10:46 Blackpool: From the courts 23-10-17
- 10:45 Grimsby's Central Hall awarded £10k grant to create 'vibrant arts...
- 10:45 German 'far-right' gunman jailed for life in Nuremberg
- 10:44 Coffee morning for flood appeal
- 10:44 Man has arm broken after being hit with metal pole in Morecambe
- 10:43 Watch: Epic Superman punch ends MMA fighter’s night at Cage Wars 34
- 10:43 Man who fell into Finham Brook claimed woman was with him, but...
- 10:42 Focus on childhood
- 10:42 F1 News: Lewis Hamilton takes swipe at Nico Rosberg as he closes in...
- 10:42 Chelsea expected XI: Antonio Conte to make major changes to 3-4-3...
- 10:42 'Dedicated' police worked five hours late during Harrogate stabbing