Beamish Museum's ambitious 1950s village project given a £10.9m boost
Beamish Museum’s 1950s village project has been given an “amazing” £10.9m boost.
The £17m Remaking Beamish project will see a 70-year-old North East village recreated at the popular attraction, complete with a cinema and aged miners’ homes.
Visitors will be able to stay overnight in a Georgian Coaching Inn and it is hoped that the new area will allow the museum to extend its work with dementia sufferers.
The Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF) gave the grant to the County Durham attraction, meaning work can now start on the project in the winter.
Bosses at the museum hope the development could help... read more
- 09:34 Leeds Rag Fashion Show: A Time.less display of creativity and energy
- 09:34 Chelsea star Eden Hazard talks Barcelona tactics and makes Lionel...
- 09:33 Junior doctor knocked over woman on Sunderland crossing
- 09:33 Troy: Fall of a City: Who was the Greek hero Agamemnon?
- 09:33 Back off! Hungary votes AGAINST Euro Commission as it tries to...
- 09:32 Meeting to make decision on proposals to reduce size of Lichfield...
- 09:32 Warwick primary school pupils get a helping hand planting spring bulbs
- 09:32 Weather: 'BEAST FROM THE EAST' to freeze Yorkshire next week
- 09:31 Netanyahu aide agrees to implicate PM over corruption claims – reports
- 09:31 Lake District zip-wire plans abandoned after protests
- 09:31 Pound to euro exchange rate: Brexit report drives sterling higher
- 09:31 Breaking: Fire crews in attendance at Mablethorpe house fire
- 09:30 Doncaster octogenarian’s royal appointment in recognition of...
- 09:30 Leeds Rag Fashion Show: A Time.less display of creativity and energy
- 09:29 The prolific Newcastle United striker whose name is so often...
- 09:29 Knifeman who sparked a stand-off with armed police at his Hebburn...
- 09:28 Steve Bruce's verdict on Lewis Grabban - the full Aston Villa press...
- 09:28 Every word Steve Cotterill had to say after Birmingham City were...
- 09:28 Man hurt as car ends up in Doncaster ditch
- 09:28 Barratt considers shifting production from Germany to UK
- 09:28 Four injured in Doncaster motorway crash
- 09:27 Value our inspirational teachers
- 09:26 Crooks backing old pal van Veen to be a big hit at Cobblers
- 09:26 Blaze at glass recycling plant in South Kirkby near Pontefract
- 09:25 Wraps come off new BMW X4
- 09:25 Body found in middle of M20 motorway closes road
- 09:25 Chelsea News: Hazard talks Barcelona draw, Courtois' Real Madrid...
- 09:25 Police find cannabis bush worth £4,000 in house raid in Sheffield
- 09:25 Warwick primary school pupils get a helping hand planting spring bulbs
- 09:25 Eddie Hearn targets August showdown with Jarrell Miller for Anthony...