BCC urges Government to spend billions helping business after Brexit vote
The Government is being urged to spend billions of pounds boosting business as firms cope with the aftermath of the vote to leave the European Union.
In its submission ahead of next month's Autumn Statement, the British Chambers of Commerce (BCC) warned that concerns over a slowing economy have intensified because of Brexit.
The business group called for a series of measures, including reform of business rates, investment in housing and broadband and more help for smaller firms.
The Chancellor should also pledge not to introduce any other significant costs on business for the rest of the... read more
- 07:52 Apple delays release of first original series 'Carpool Karaoke'
- 07:52 Exclusive: Vivendi to accelerate expansion in video games and...
- 07:50 Eden Hazard: These three players deserve to replace John Terry as...
- 07:48 Secret to a sharper memory over 50? 45 minutes of gentle exercise...
- 07:47 Trapped cat’s lucky escape from between brick walls in Spilsby
- 07:46 Carpetright nudges profit forecast down as market deteriorates
- 07:45 Craig Shakespeare makes Leicester transfer promise
- 07:45 Eden Hazard provides huge update on new Chelsea deal amid Real...
- 07:45 Ilkeston house fire in Derbyshire sees three taken to hospital
- 07:44 Two arrested in Whitby after suspected class A drugs found
- 07:44 RSPCA appalled by kittens abandoned on Long Eaton street
- 07:43 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and fun quizzes
- 07:43 Property group LCP targets Scotland with Glasgow base
- 07:42 The next hot trend is blending your makeup with your boyfriend’s balls
- 07:42 Emmerdale spoilers: Brave Rhona Goskirk reports her rape ordeal to...
- 07:42 Get behind and sponsor the first ever Cleethorpes super cycling event
- 07:42 Keyboard warrior with grudge against Muslims bombarded health...
- 07:41 Woman jailed for crashing into pensioner’s car while sending...
- 07:39 Transfer News: Chelsea double swoop, Arsenal and Liverpool message,...
- 07:39 Speeders beware- stricter driving laws come into force today
- 07:38 Riders cover the miles in aid of four key Cumbrian charities
- 07:38 Puma reports strong sales in Americas and Europe
- 07:38 United, Hartlepool can stay up, says chairman Gary Coxall
- 07:38 Chelsea star Eden Hazard makes contract revelation amid Real Madrid...
- 07:37 Zlatan Ibrahimovic accepts Manchester United career 'is over'
- 07:36 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and fun quizzes
- 07:36 Slow moving traffic is causing problems for motorists in Burton and...
- 07:35 Lincolnshire 'will see more flooding' unless money is invested in...
- 07:35 Young soldier faces losing job after wielding bread knife in Lincoln
- 07:34 Armed police arrest four men in Rhyl 'incident'