BBC Sport pundit Gabby Logan: Birmingham is ready to host 2026 Commonwealth Games
Sports pundit Gabby Logan has said Birmingham is in a strong position to host a Commonwealth Games after the city revealed it was planning a bid.
Speaking to the Mail as tickets for Sports Personality of the Year in the city went on sale, the Match of the Day presenter said the city had the confidence and sporting prowess to host the Games.
The city plans to bid for the Commonwealth Games in 2026, likely facing competition from Liverpool and Edmonton in Canada, and the former international gymnast turned BBC Sport presenter said it was well-placed to host it.
She said: “I was an athlete... read more
- 15:11 Amazon 'style assistant' divides opinion
- 15:11 Cousins who attacked man in Llanrwst caravan appear in court
- 15:10 Neighbours spoiler: Will Piper get sexually assaulted after tense...
- 15:09 QUICK QUIZ: Seven questions about the last seven days...
- 15:09 Tottenham v Arsenal: 11 players could miss north London derby
- 15:09 Four in hospital after van smashed into bus stop in Clydebank
- 15:09 Two arrested after Crich Post Office robbery
- 15:09 Why parents could be entitled to a £2,000 windfall from the Government
- 15:09 Why your Vauxhall Zafira could be a fire risk - and how to check
- 15:09 Customers see their money disappear on Natwest banking app
- 15:09 Why you should never use these names for your children's 'privates'
- 15:09 BREAKING: Midfielder John-Joe O’Toole signs new two-year deal at...
- 15:09 Anthony Joshua and Wladimir Klitschko weigh-in before Wembley fight
- 15:08 High Tides April 29 to May 6
- 15:08 VIDEO: The start of the 2017 Tour de Yorkshire
- 15:08 Service to drive up food standards in East Lindsey
- 15:07 Are Navy SEALs in North Korea? Submarine used by crack soldiers...
- 15:05 Russian prosecutor demands jail time for man who played Pokemon in...
- 15:04 RGC have two more 'cup finals' remaining in remarkable season
- 15:04 Liverpool and Everton urged to reconsider bans on reporters from...
- 15:04 Arrest in Northern Cricket League probe
- 15:04 Big support for school’s pool project
- 15:03 Whisky industry plea for assurances as exports rise
- 15:03 Cannabis farm found in Bootle was worth £400,000 a year
- 15:02 Boulmer car park will be closed temporarily
- 15:02 Sturgeon’s EU plans rejected over risk of UK trade barriers
- 15:02 Fashion designer launches business in town after move
- 15:02 Birmingham City LIVE: Harry Redknapp's press conference ahead of...
- 15:02 The Big Sleuth Bear Cub design Competition: Winner announced on...
- 15:01 What’s making Kim Jong Un giggle like an overgrown baby?