BBC iPlayer login will be required from 2017
All users of the BBC's iPlayer service will have to log in with a personal account from early 2017.
Users of BBC services can already create an online account - known as a BBC ID - but this is not currently required in order to access iPlayer.
In another change, from Tuesday BBC ID holders will have to add a postcode to their account information.
TV Licensing will have access to the information, but the BBC said it would not be used for enforcement purposes.
The corporation said existing systems for enforcing TV licence rules were adequate, and the changes were part of an attempt to make... read more
- 09:58 Euro tumbles as Mario Draghi defends extreme policies of European...
- 09:58 Is Woody getting the chop? Blue singer Lee Ryan among various...
- 09:58 UK OIL FOUND: Firm finds 'significant' reservoir in Weald Basin and...
- 09:58 'She's my little miracle': Kym Marsh credits youngest daughter...
- 09:58 Garstang school’s dance-a-thon to raise cash to fight child cruelty
- 09:57 Grenfell Tower fire: Estate residents call for thorough inquiry
- 09:57 Sturgeon to make statement on indyref2
- 09:56 Calls for cigarette-style warnings on sugary food to tackle...
- 09:56 Huge explosion and flames in area popular with Somali pirates
- 09:56 Unstable EU on the brink as inequality threatens to tear bloc...
- 09:56 FTSE stalls, Carpetright and Debenhams put UK consumer in spotlight
- 09:56 Where and when was the first ATM, what does it stand for and who...
- 09:56 Garstang school’s dance-a-thon to raise cash to fight child cruelty
- 09:55 Firefighters tackle north east Derbyshire house blaze
- 09:55 Melton has fifth highest first test pass rate for learner drivers...
- 09:55 Doncaster Big Brother star faces boot again as ALL contestants put...
- 09:55 ‘Hole in the wall’ proving cash is still king on 50th birthday
- 09:54 Haverthwaite-based firm's MD to be made MBE
- 09:53 Warwick Rotary Club’s Thai Festival to return for 13th year
- 09:53 Executives urged to tap into the power of mindfulness
- 09:53 Arsenal face Besiktas competition for transfer of Barcelona’s...
- 09:52 Warwick Rotary Club’s Thai Festival to return for 13th year
- 09:52 Shoppers warned over Tesco voucher Facebook page tricking thousands...
- 09:52 FTSE stalls, Carpetright and Debenhams put UK consumer in spotlight
- 09:51 POUND LIVE: Pound pauses after DUP deal ahead of Queen's Speech vote
- 09:51 ‘Hole in the wall’ proving cash is still king on 50th birthday
- 09:50 COMMENT: 900m reasons why we must stick with devolution in...
- 09:50 Return in sight for PNE’s Woods after full season out
- 09:50 Resurgent interest in Victoria Quays
- 09:50 England coaches are good enough – Simpson