Battle lines are drawn over new Wigan housing estate plan
Residents have vowed to fight yet another housing development in Standish after outline plans for an industrial site were submitted.
The Homes and Communities Agency has applied to Wigan Council for the first stage of a project to build up to 163 homes on land at the Bradley Hall Trading Estate.
The site, known as Barrowcroft, occupies the north west corner of the industrial site and is around 14 acres in size, with pits and the old Bradley Hall Colliery located nearby.
As it is an outline application all matters have been reserved apart from the access, with a new road planned very close... read more
- 16:19 Tesco to close down its loss-making Tesco Direct website in July...
- 16:19 German police to check on children at airports in truancy crackdown
- 16:19 Motorists ticketed after parking illegally near Peak District...
- 16:19 Take a trip to Tesco with this ASOS shopping basket handbag
- 16:19 Council bosses set to scrap proposal for permanent stopover site...
- 16:18 Rip-off letting fees to be banned in move to protect 5,000,000 renters
- 16:18 ‘Venom man’ actually lets cobras bite him once a week
- 16:17 When is the Championship play-off final? Aston Villa vs Fulham...
- 16:17 Djuna Barnes's writing is exhilarating – but steeped in the worst...
- 16:17 New West Ham boss Manuel Pellegrini to give Hammers star second chance
- 16:17 Champions League final: Liverpool given advice on how to beat Real...
- 16:16 Hilton man who caused 11-day fire which partially closed A50...
- 16:14 Take walk around boundary route
- 16:13 Little girl writes the most adorable motivational note to herself...
- 16:12 Food industry in England fails to meet sugar reduction target
- 16:12 Hospice super heroes in action
- 16:11 Protesters attack 'secret deal' over land sale for shopping centre
- 16:09 Birmingham woman guilty of duping daughter into forced marriage
- 16:09 A master of deadpan delivery
- 16:09 Liverpool midfielder Emre Can ‘doesn’t deserve’ to face Real Madrid...
- 16:09 Pep Guardiola considers making move for Ajax defender Matthijs de Ligt
- 16:09 Google search reveals names of rape victims
- 16:09 Arsenal close to signing Barcelona wonderkid Joel Lopez
- 16:09 Fashion: David Gandy’s Aspinal of London Aerodrome Collection
- 16:09 Cocktail glasses at the ready: Mango flavoured Malibu is here
- 16:08 Hundreds of jobs at risk with closure of Tesco Direct
- 16:08 M&S to close its Freeport store
- 16:08 Food industry fails to meet five per cent sugar reduction target
- 16:08 Clean slate for Belper Town’s players, says new boss Black
- 16:08 "£400m the sector doesn't have": Nigel Evans MP criticises...