Batley and Spen fake election leaflets reported to police
0 Have your say Leaflets which refer to people who voted to leave the EU as “racists and bigots” have been reported to the police by the Labour Party.
The leaflets have been circulated to voters in the Batley and Spen by-election, called following the death of Labour MP Jo Cox.
A Labour spokesperson said: “We have reported this disgraceful fake leaflet to the police and the returning officer as this is clearly a serious breach of electoral law by whoever has created it.
“That anyone contesting a by-election taking place in such tragic circumstances would stoop to such desperate and... read more
- 08:19 Granville Academy, in Woodville, closed for rest of week after...
- 08:18 Huge 75-tonne delivery to Hull will cause massive delays on roads
- 08:18 Bingo! Leeds jobs bonanza just the tonic
- 08:16 Inquest into Cumbrian mum's death hears of further hospital errors
- 08:16 Arsenal are behind ‘most teams in the Premier League’, claims...
- 08:16 BBC Breakfast: Naga Munchetty DEMANDS answers in heated Brexit...
- 08:15 Barcelona join the race to sign Tottenham star Harry Kane
- 08:13 You’re going to be obsessed with this Instagram dedicated to...
- 08:13 Country glory in the glens
- 08:11 Plucky Blackpool hotelier uses Google to catch burglar
- 08:11 Mum-of-two fights back from breast cancer at age of 30
- 08:11 Here's how schools are supporting transgender and non-binary pupils
- 08:11 Pervert who lives near three Whitley Bay schools caught with...
- 08:11 Meet the Newcastle couple who quit their jobs to play poker
- 08:11 Is Mersey Gateway bridge "milking the motorist" or "technology at...
- 08:10 Just one yoga class and one jogging session a week can HALF your...
- 08:10 One in five women who use sunbeds are 'tanorexics' - and it is most...
- 08:10 Forget 10,000 steps! Walking anywhere - even for five minutes -...
- 08:09 Owner of Suzanne's Skin Specialist reassures customers after...
- 08:06 Teenage girl left bruised after attempted robbery in Doncaster
- 08:06 Motorcyclist collides with van in Lancaster
- 08:05 Pro-Brexit MPs urge Theresa May to quit talks
- 08:05 Mhairi Black calls government ‘pious loan sharks’ in blistering...
- 08:04 June Sarpong: It’s time we started talking honestly about diversity
- 08:04 Man Utd News: Mourinho won’t last long claim, Zlatan returns,...
- 08:03 Sandringham Park shines in top awards
- 08:03 Heavy traffic as emergency services work at scene of crash on A59...
- 08:03 iPhone 8 review: 8 things you need to know about Apple’s new phone
- 08:02 Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho takes swipe at critics
- 08:02 Man City star David Silva LOVES one traditional British dish