“Bassetlaw Hospital is safe” insists Chief Executive in interview on site’s future
0 Have your say The chief executive of Bassetlaw Hospitals Trust has insisted Bassetlaw Hospital is “safe” amid fears for the site’s future.
Mike Pinkerton reassured the public that the cash-strapped hospital was also making “considerable progress” after falling into an £12m “financial blackhole” last year.
Concerns raised recently include rumoured cuts to children’s and maternity services as well as the closure of major units as a result of the hospital’s debts.
But Mr Pinkerton said: “In terms of the future, Bassetlaw Hospital is absolutely safe.
But medicine changes, staffing changes,... read more
- 17:07 Drunk man throws rock through bus window and hits woman in Spring Bank
- 17:07 ‘Can you hear me?’: Residents warned to hang up on new phone scam
- 17:06 Roof at Burton's Magnet Kitchen store 'badly damaged' by Storm Doris
- 17:06 Council refuses to reveal if Burton taxi driver caught on mobile...
- 17:06 Tunisia attack: Families want 'neglect' inquest verdict
- 17:06 Advent raises bid in three-way tussle for in tussle for Stada
- 17:06 The mixed fortunes of Berwickshire towns
- 17:06 Duns Court has been unused for over two years
- 17:05 Premier League boss discusses Manchester United transfer
- 17:05 VIDEO: Watch as an illegal hare courser’s car seized by police is...
- 17:04 Ashley Graham puts on a busty display in form-fitting ivory gown as...
- 17:04 'She has a vendetta!' Jamie O'Hara accuses ex Danielle Lloyd of...
- 17:04 What a week! Delighted Naomie Harris is made OBE by the Queen in...
- 17:04 Kooky Kendall Jenner wows in funky retro glasses as she joins...
- 17:04 'A bit uncalled for!': Janet Street-Porter labels Stacey Solomon a...
- 17:04 'What a d**khead!': Danniella Westbrook blasts her online 'stalker'...
- 17:04 EXCLUSIVE PICTURES: Lea Michele shows off pert derriere in black...
- 17:04 Microsoft, Airbus climb aboard drones software firm AirMap
- 17:03 Quit monkeying around: Animals know when they are being treated...
- 17:03 Deformed skeletons found in the foetal position shed light on the...
- 17:03 30 firemen rush to serious fire off A46 by Damon's roundabout
- 17:03 Crash! Storm Doris blowns down huge tree in Parcel Terrace, Derby
- 17:03 Coastguard warning over 'wave dodgers'
- 17:02 Car damaged in ‘revenge attack’
- 17:02 Hearts picked the wrong guy and Ian Cathro must go – Hotline
- 17:01 Everton to lose winger Yannick Bolasie for the rest of the year
- 17:01 Chelsea make Frank Lampard announcement ahead of Swansea clash
- 17:01 Arsenal legend Martin Keown wants to see more from Shkodran Mustafi
- 17:00 East Barkwith postmaster and Rasen MP promote services
- 16:59 Live electricity cable brought down in Rhosgadfan leaving 30 homes...