Barton MP Michael Fabricant reveals prostate cancer battle
Barton MP Michael Fabricant has revealed he has received treatment after the early signs of prostate cancer were spotted. In Prime Minister's Questions this week, Michael Fabricant, also the MP for Abbots Bromley and Lichfield, revealed he had been treated and had now been given the all-clear.
Speaking in the House of Commons he said: "Because it was caught quickly, I have not needed any drugs nor chemotherapy nor have I needed any radiation, thank goodness.
Prostate Cancer UK is the leading prostate cancer charity in Britain
"The changes in my prostate were at an early stage and... read more
- 11:31 Major investment made in re-branded Grasmere hotel
- 11:30 What the Queen and Meghan had for lunch at Chester Town Hall
- 11:29 Aidan McAnespie: Soldier charged over checkpoint killing
- 11:29 Lloyds under pressure as HBOS fraud report is published
- 11:29 Sight charity holding open day in Kettering
- 11:29 All three opposition councillor groups call for "extraordinary...
- 11:28 Berwickshire lifeboat crews in action
- 11:28 Goswick to stage Open qualifying
- 11:28 Restaurant and homes plan approved for Whitburn
- 11:28 Gallery: Top brass entertain at Hebden Bridge March Contest
- 11:27 Body found in Lincolnshire drain near Sibsey formerly identified as...
- 11:27 Sheffield and Rotherham men charged over rape of girl, aged 14
- 11:26 Huge Tesco Direct gaming sale ahead of site shutdown
- 11:24 Carlisle man who attacked ex-girlfriend told he's going to prison
- 11:24 How many goals has Harry Kane scored for England and who are...
- 11:24 Bulldoze or rebuild? Architects at odds over future of Glasgow...
- 11:24 'Inadequate' care firm fined £142,500 for safety breach that led to...
- 11:23 Dozens feared dead as overloaded Sumatra ferry sinks
- 11:22 E.On announces 4.8% dual fuel price rise
- 11:22 Mobile app keeping Cumbria fit and healthy
- 11:21 Fake £50 notes used in Ripon and Harrogate: CCTV image of suspects
- 11:20 Malcolm Turnbull says media makes China-Australia relations look bad
- 11:20 Slave trader’s portrait removed from Bristol lord mayor’s office
- 11:19 Restaurant and homes plan approved for Whitburn
- 11:19 'Inadequate' care firm fined £142,500 for safety breach that led to...
- 11:19 Rushden man jailed for historic child sex abuse
- 11:17 A is for 'ah well', F is for fish and chips: show delivers A-Z of...
- 11:17 Former leader of Bury Council Mike Connolly resigns
- 11:15 Cumbria County Council ask for Children in Care nominations
- 11:14 This is when 2018/2019 EFL Championship TV fixtures will be announced