Barrow shoplifter pleads with police not to arrest her after stealing food from off-licence
Jennifer Stewart, 31, of Jarrow Street, Barrow, pleaded guilty to theft after stealing £6.59 worth of food from Batty's off-licence in Rawlinson Street.
Mr Lee Dacre, prosecuting, told the court how Stewart entered the off-licence on September 12 at 6.20pm and placed a number of items in a carrier bag before leaving the store without paying for them.
She was later arrested by police after CCTV footage revealed her identity but pleaded with officers for them to not arrest her as she said: "You can't lock me up. It was only a bun and a sandwich."
You can't lock me up. It was only a... read more
- 07:47 Aston Villa chief reveals target for next season
- 07:46 Eden Hazard: This is where I want to go
- 07:46 Cyclist in serious condition after collision with double-decker bus
- 07:46 Batley Boys earn impressive away win but miss out on cup semi-final...
- 07:46 Warning to parents after yobs leave smashed glass at children’s...
- 07:45 Delays as accident partly closes A1 near Birtley
- 07:45 Cambodian opposition figure sentenced again
- 07:44 SSE says 2017/18 dividend cover to be at lower end of guidance
- 07:44 Bookmaker William Hill names Ruth Prior as CFO
- 07:44 Tesco target Booker sees sales growth ease
- 07:44 Drug-driver caught by police with cannabis and cocaine traces in...
- 07:44 School praised for being ‘at the heart of the community’ by Ofsted
- 07:44 Motorway sliproad closed at Carlisle following crash
- 07:43 Xiao Long Bao: Foodies fume over 'exploding soup dumplings'
- 07:43 Nintendo’s latest console launch helps Game Digital
- 07:42 Swarkestone Road open, Derby news now, traffic updates for A50, A38...
- 07:42 Miami Open 2017 results: Rafael Nadal sets up Fabio Fognini...
- 07:41 RISE AND SHINE: Start the day with our live breakfast feed
- 07:41 Reese’s is now doing a peanut butter creme egg
- 07:39 Genel deepens annual loss after reserves downgrade
- 07:38 Commuters set to face 18 MONTHS of traffic chaos on M1 from today
- 07:38 Questions over Preston nuclear jobs future as Westinghouse files...
- 07:36 Chesterfield Royal Hospital's new cancer centre to open this summer
- 07:36 Search for missing helicopter with 5 on board resumes after...
- 07:36 Vote in county elections
- 07:35 Police issue warning over thieves targeting vans
- 07:34 Drivers could face £70 fine for parking on pavements
- 07:34 Takeaway shop on fire
- 07:34 £156m Man Utd striker swoops, major Chelsea dispute, Arsenal...
- 07:33 North Kirklees weekend entertainment listings