Barrow shipyard awarded more than £1bn to build new fleet of submarines
The news, which has been welcomed by BAE Systems, was announced by MP Michael Fallon, the Secretary of State for Defence.
The new Royal Navy submarines will replace the current Vanguard class, with the first submarine entering service in the early 2030s.
READ MORE: Government set to award £1bn to Barrow shipyard and Rolls-Royce to begin building Successor - reports
This is a terrific achievement and I pay tribute to all those who have made this possible Government advertises job vacancy for £125k position for a boss to lead submarine construction
The UK Ministry of Defence (MOD) funding... read more
- 08:16 Sam Jones 'loving' his time at Grimsby Town – and isn't giving up...
- 08:16 Grimsby Town new stadium: Marcus Bignot wants club to be in League...
- 08:16 Lukas Podolski: This is why Arsene Wenger is irreplaceable
- 08:15 Water may flow from Buxton well once again
- 08:14 'Terrorist attack' leaves Notts MPs in Parliament lock-down
- 08:14 Where can I buy a Red Nose for Comic Relief 2017? Shops stocking...
- 08:14 Made In Chelsea’s Toff posts extraordinary live tweets from inside...
- 08:14 Seven arrested in police raids after Westminster atrocity
- 08:14 Stephen Belafonte in public meltdown at LA restaurant over divorce...
- 08:13 Bed company launches competition to find the messiest bedroom in...
- 08:13 N’Golo Kante heaps praise on ‘exceptional’ Kylian Mbappe
- 08:13 SNEAK PEEK: What’s inside this week’s Ripley and Heanor News?
- 08:13 Ideas for how to treat mum this Mother’s Day in Derbyshire
- 08:13 Fire at restaurant closes main road through Alfreton
- 08:13 Derbyshire drugs gang jailed for more than 17 years
- 08:13 Owner of dog that bit jogger denies it was dangerously out of control
- 08:13 Firefighters tackle ‘large’ building blaze
- 08:13 Latest Chesterfield magistrates’ court results
- 08:12 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel news, weather and fun features - March 23
- 08:12 In-store sales at Next PLC are down with more tough times ahead
- 08:10 BEFORE THE BENCH: Cases due to be heard at magistrates' court in...
- 08:10 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel news, weather and fun features - March 23
- 08:09 3,000 employees at steelworks to be offered chance to extend...
- 08:09 Sheffield Telegraph Health: ‘I cried my heart out so intensely - my...
- 08:09 War hero's medals to go under hammer
- 08:09 Paddy Madden brings up a half century of goals for Scunthorpe in...
- 08:09 It will be extremely difficult for Scunthorpe to get automatic...
- 08:09 New principal to take the reins at technical college
- 08:08 Cumbria MPs recall moment of terror as attacker struck in Westminster
- 08:09 More than THREE child sex offences in Humberside force area EVERY day